Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Interested in seeing how your Night Elf would do as a member of the Horde? Want to bring your Forsaken back to the light of the Alliance? Before today, these radical changes weren't even thinkable. You'd have to create a completely new character for the other factions. Today, however, Blizzard opened up the floodgates, allowing players to switch sides without losing their level progress. There is a catch, however: each faction change will cost you an additional thirty dollars per character. The process will also require players to log out for at least half an hour, and can only be changed once every two months.

Among the large number of detailed changes listed on Blizzard's site, characters that are level ten or higher are eligible to switch factions and races based around their character's class. For the most part, equipment, items and gear that your character owns remains unchanged, but any items that are faction specific will be exchanged for an equivalent version to reflect your character's change. These changes extend to mounts, character achievements, titles and reputations, although combat pets will remain unchanged. There are three restrictions currently, however. If you have active mail or auctions, you can't switch sides; the same can be said for guild masters, who are prevented from making these switches. Players aren't able to select a new race for their character just yet; Blizzard is planning on implementing this in the future. Faction changes are permanent, and if you discover that you don't like your decision, you'll have to wait for two months and pay an additional thirty dollars to revert back.

It's unknown how many players will take advantage of this service, but the idea did not seem to be a popular one at Blizzcon, where it was soundly booed during the announcement. We contacted Blizzard for comment on the change, but received no comment at the time this article was published.

source

Pssh Horde ftw, blood elf rule XD

I don't think I'm going to be doing
this with any of my charries even though
it would show up on my dad's credit card
and he would be fine with it. I mean I
like my charries how they are. Though
switching my dranei sounds coolish or
my night elf since I don't really like playing
Alliance much anymore.

Back