Wow, the Super Mario 3D Land Super Guide is broken as heck

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
You get permanent invincibility for the level after dying just FIVE times in a level. Or at least the option for it.

That's already ridiculous in more than one way, it's like having a Gameshark active through the entire level. Not that I've not been guilty of literally doing just that in the case of some fan games, but it's pretty much an insult to good gamers to have it so people too awful to beat a level can suddenly go and charge through it in God mode.

Then though, after ten deaths (keep in mind only pits, likely lava/poison/acid and probably being crushed flat can kill you now), you get to use the P Wing. To warp right to the level end flagpole in case even playing a level while invincible is just too much for you.

I'm sorry, but what is the use of this system other than to kill the very purpose of a GAME? You win or lose. That's it. In the case of a single player video game, you're meant to get better and eventually conquer the levels you can't beat. You're not meant to be handed it all on a plate. It just reminds me of schools not using the words 'win' and 'lose' at sports days in case the losers get offended or an exam where you're given the answers because you failed too many times before. What's worse though here is that Nintendo have practically built an Action Replay into the game, at this rate they'll be handing you cheat codes and save states.

What do you think?

http://mario3dlandnews.com/mario3dlandnews/the-super-guidep-wing-explained-in-super-mario-3d-land/

If it's as broken as they make it out to be then, here's my plan on how to complete the game.
World 1-1: Die 10 times, get P-wing, touch flagpole, YAY!
World 1-2: Die 10 times, get P-wing, touch flagpole, YAY!
World 1-3: Die 10 times, get P-wing, touch flagpole, YAY!
World 1-4: Die 10 times, get P-wing, touch flagpole, YAY! and the same until the end.

Also, obviously I'd need lots of lives, but they'll probably give you like 10 lives everytime you kill a goomba.

Sheesh, lately Nintendo has been making sure their games have a very easy way out...

I think thats awesome! Mostly because I love killing things that can't normally be killed
biggrin.gif

NSMBW and SMG2 super guide was laaaame. This one seems awesome

Wow, that is a bit sad. If a player was really good at the first level but horrible at the others, they could just play the first level, rack up 10 lives, go to the level they're stuck on, die 10 times, grab the P Wing, and presto that's another one down. It's bound to be easy to get several lives somewhere in the first world, and besides, you'd need enough lives to get this anyway.

Unless the game gives you 20 lives every time you get Game Over. Boy would that remove the challenge of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell Nintendo? This is worse than the Super guide from NSMBWii. It essentially told you how to get through the game in one fell swoop. Although, you did have to get a few star coins at first.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the first Crash Bandicoot, you will get a Aku Aku mask when you died a lot in a stage, so this generation of games are not the first to do that.

In the first Crash Bandicoot, you will get a Aku Aku mask when you died a lot in a stage, so this generation of games are not the first to do that.
I loved that game. I just guess this assistance thing is one step up, heh.

But I don't get what's with all the complaining, I mean, none of us are going to us it, so who cares? It just means that the people out there who are incredibly crap will be able to play through the game as well. Sure, we could die 10 times and then win the level, but really, we all want the challenge. We're not going to stoop as low as to use these guides if we get stuck on a hard level, are we...? ARE WE? *shifty eyes*

I loved that game. I just guess this assistance thing is one step up, heh.

But I don't get what's with all the complaining, I mean, none of us are going to us it, so who cares? It just means that the people out there who are incredibly crap will be able to play through the game as well. Sure, we could die 10 times and then win the level, but really, we all want the challenge. We're not going to stoop as low as to use these guides if we get stuck on a hard level, are we...? ARE WE? *shifty eyes*
I'm sure gonna use the invincible leaf. Even if it means commiting suicide 5 times
biggrin.gif

Back