Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Do you tend to wrap up your gifts or do you toss it in the bag for easier gifting?

While bagging is easier, I prefer to wrap them because it feels like I put more effort into it and someone can see that I put effort into it rather than taking the easy way. Though, I wouldn't be offended if someone just handed me a bag. I might be biased though because I really like tearing open the wrapping paper.

Depends on what it is, to be honest. For example, with a wine bottle or alcohol, easier to just gift it in a bottle. With other stuff, especially more expensive things, I tend to wrap them up.

I prefer to wrap presents. It's usually the less expensive route during the holidays, and I like the added suspense of folks opening up their presents.

I'm fine with either a gift which is wrapped or bagged.

Wrapping paper or a nice bag can both be fun to open.

I feel wrapping up presents is more affordable than buying a nice paper bag with cool graphics and handles made from string.

Using a re-usable bag with a nice design would be the most environmental friendly way to package a gift since they can re-use the bag to store other things like books, pencils, and small tools.

I feel using a box with a nice picture or design on the box could also be a good way to package a gift. A box can be more affordable than wrapping or using a nice bag if you already own a box which you already own, but not using for storing something.

Making a box with cardboard, scrap wood and glue is also not hard to make for many people.

Bag it is fast and lazy way I say - I wrap it nicely :)

Hey it's the inside that counts anyway right? No one has done it to me but I always find it funny when people put gifts in multiple boxes that need to be unwrapped before the recipients get to the actual present.

Be it wrap or bagged it up, I don't care. What concerns me, is simply the gift offered. I grab the gift and say thank you..if you add concept that's additional, it means the thank you message will be stretched more longer, but it doesn't matter.

For me, when it comes to holidays or birthdays... I prefer for people to spend their time with me. Presents are nice but I go out of my way to thank those that choose to carve out time in their day and spend it with me.

Tbh, it depends who I'm gifting to. I mean, if it's family members, I'd bag it.

I would probably bag a gift as well for a family member. I don't want to inconvenience them by having to unwrap a gift which can be difficult for older family members. Throwing away or recycling wraping paper can also be annoying for busy people without a lot of free time.

Our family recycles boxes but not the wrap. If I had the chance I would say wrap it up but I didn't do it this year so do as I say not as I do.

Back