WSJ: Google Is Feeding Chrome OS to Android (Chrome OS will be Android)

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
According to the Wall Street Journal, Google will now have a single OS across all its hardware as it combines the two open-source systems:

Google engineers have been working for roughly two years to combine the operating systems and have made progress recently, two of the people said. The company plans to unveil its new, single operating system in 2017, but expects to show off an early version next year, one of the people said.

Read More

I think this is good news for people who want to play Android games like Clash of Clans, and Temple Run on their Chromebook since there are not a lot of good games for the Chromebook compared to Google Android which has more good games.

Hopefully, Most Android games will work on Chromebooks when Chrome OS becomes Android.

I wonder if this will mean that Skype and other apps for Android will work on Chromebooks in 2017.

2017 is only 14 months away, so the wait is not super long. I think, I rather wait for a more reliable operating system than use an OS which was quickly released, and still have problems like random freezes and crashes.

hopefully it will be as good as the say it is.

2017 is only 14 months away, so the wait is not super long. I think, I rather wait for a more reliable operating system than use an OS which was quickly released, and still have problems like random freezes and crashes.
You do realize that during said period of time OS X will have at least one major update, iOS will have around 3 updates, and Windows... well, Microsoft always messes things up, so who knows what will happen to them?

You do realize that during said period of time OS X will have at least one major update, iOS will have around 3 updates, and Windows... well, Microsoft always messes things up, so who knows what will happen to them?

There would be more updates for other operating systems, but I think it is better to take the time to make an operating system which is reliable, and release the entire operating system when it is ready. There is already some Android Apps like Vine which work on Chrome OS, so there is some support for Android Apps in Chrome OS.

Back