Everyone's Rival
Staff member
Awards
Credits
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
If you could only have all the Gamecube titles or all the Wii titles of Mario games, like sports, karts, Smash Bros, mainline with no Wii Virtual Console, or Game Boy Player then what would you pick?

People do like the Gamecube, not only because they grew up with it, but because it had a plethora of new sports titles like Mario Baseball, Strikers, and another Mario Party this is a valid choice. It did struggle to have a lot of games because no one wanted to develop on it. Sunshine and Double Dash!! and Melee is what every kid with a Gamecube grew up with. They are distinctly different, and enough to have arguably more of a following on the Smash side.

The Wii is known for its slower pace but masterpiece of Super Mario Galaxy and 2. I really shouldn't include All-Stars or NSMBWii because it would be unfair (unless we count the Gamecube Player). Mario had Olympics, and Sports Mix on top of that. However, Sluggers was a weird, more motion and party-type game that was hard to get into versus Baseball. I'd argue the Wii had more shovelware titles because of its popularity, even with Mario. I want to go with the Wii because of how fun it was to own a newer console in my childhood, with a plethora of great-looking games.

Gamecube, easily.

Back