XBox 360 successor

fsxss

Awards
Credits
I don't know how many people are with me on this one, but I had a little (only little) hope that Microsoft would have given some light on the 360's successor. I'm aware that the recent introduction of Kinect for 360 and Move for PS3 is supposed to make both of them last a while longer and their respective replacements aren't really that urgent, but it's safe to assume Microsoft already has the next version of XBox reasonably well thought out. It'd have been nice for them to give us enthusiasts some early info even if they don't release the console immediately.

What are your thoughts? When do you expect Microsoft to start talking about the next XBox, when do you think it'll hit the market and what major new features are you expecting?

I don't know how many people are with me on this one, but I had a little (only little) hope that Microsoft would have given some light on the 360's successor. I'm aware that the recent introduction of Kinect for 360 and Move for PS3 is supposed to make both of them last a while longer and their respective replacements aren't really that urgent, but it's safe to assume Microsoft already has the next version of XBox reasonably well thought out. It'd have been nice for them to give us enthusiasts some early info even if they don't release the console immediately.

What are your thoughts? When do you expect Microsoft to start talking about the next XBox, when do you think it'll hit the market and what major new features are you expecting?

I think they will release it around the time Sony releases the next game system. I am happy with my 360 and don't see a urgent need for them to release it soon though. I am still really excited, hopefully they will give us some insight soon.

I think they will release it around the time Sony releases the next game system. I am happy with my 360 and don't see a urgent need for them to release it soon though. I am still really excited, hopefully they will give us some insight soon.
Yeah, I was only aiming for some insight, not a release! Seen as last time the XBox was released before the PS3, I was hopeful that Microsoft would use this year's E3 to take the lead again. Oh well, let's wait :)

Not the right section.

Most likely both the NeXbox and the PS4 will be shown at E3 2012 or 2013.

I'm happy with my Slim, just not happy about the fact it's not hackable, but that's fine. I don't expect much off it, I'm just curious how will they name it. :p

Not the right section.

Most likely both the NeXbox and the PS4 will be shown at E3 2012 or 2013.
Sorry, I posted it in the E3 section because I was thinking of the rumors that it could appear in this year's E3 and were obviously unfounded :(

this topic works here since it's relating to what should have been shown at MS's E3. I agree that they should have dropped some hints, but the new console is a few years away.

I wasn't expecting any news of a new 360 or an anything with the Kinect not even out for a year.
If they announce a new system it'll probably be next e3 or after with a release of 2014 or 2015 like they've stated for a while now.

I have a feeling we will start to see some early concept art, few features, etc. within the next year, year and a half. I don't, however, believe we will be seeing the actual system release until at least 2015, as the Kinect and these new features being implemented should keep the Xbox 360 Microsoft's big system for a while yet.

I wasn't actually expecting a xbox next gen or ps4. They only just brought out the slim xbox 360, and motion capture accessories for each console.

Back