E3 Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 (Release on 4th of November; Internal Battery; MSRP of $179.99)

LEGEND67

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
$50 Steam Gift Card
$50 Steam Gift Card
$50 Steam Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Main new features include abilitly to mechanically adjust the tension of the sticks, three profiles + one default, gripping all around the controller, finer hair triggers which also have a grip feel, USB-C loading in and out of the case, Bluetooth connection to Win 10 PCs and tablets (iOS and iPad OS for example).

Software side new features: You can map voice controls to buttons, for example take a screenshot etc.. Also, you can "multi map" buttons by combining a hold button + push button that way you have a huge amount of mapping options (for example hold RT+LS = take a screenshot)

One huge draw back: Internal batteries. They are supposed to last up to 40 hours though.

MSRP of $179.99

Release on Nov. 4

Meet the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Over 30 New Ways to Play like a Pro - Xbox Wire
https://twitter.com/shieldsjames/status/1137872302094241792

For $20 more than the $179.99 controller, buyers can buy a $199 Xbox One S 1TB console which comes with a regular controller.

The thing is, people are probably happy to buy this. If we think that it's expensive for what it is, we're probably not the target market. I like the sound of the voice thing though.

The thing is, people are probably happy to buy this. If we think that it's expensive for what it is, we're probably not the target market. I like the sound of the voice thing though.

I agree people who think this controller is expensive is not the target audience. I imagine most people who buy this controller are more intensive gamers and game collectors who buy games and consoles as investments which they use to decorate their collection room or plan to sell at a latter date for more than the original price.

Back