Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Microsoft's cross-gen game development strategy is coming to an end, with a top company executive Matt Booty confirming that first-party studios are done making Xbox One titles. This development effectively puts an end to the speculation about when cross-generation game releases will end in favor of the Xbox Series S/X.

Despite the fact that Microsoft subsidiaries are just about done making new games for the Xbox One, that's not to say the company's eight-generation console is in danger of becoming irrelevant anytime soon. On the contrary, most currently upcoming Xbox Series X/S games are also coming to the Xbox One. Out of 228 such previously announced releases that are yet to hit the market, 146 of them are confirmed to be launching on Microsoft's last-gen system.

Additionally, Booty said that the company intends to keep supporting the Xbox One with Xbox Cloud Gaming, a streaming service that it's currently offering as one of the perks of the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription starting at $15 a month. All first-party Xbox Series X/S games that are technically unavailable on the Xbox One can currently be experienced on the older console thanks to this cloud technology, with Booty's comment implying that will remain the case for the foreseeable future.

Source

Whatever suits them. But I take it it would help if the games the players want from first parties all play on the same system.

Whatever suits them. But I take it it would help if the games the players want from first parties all play on the same system.
Actually, other than Kinect games, you can play all first party games (at least ones made by Microsoft, might be one or two published by Microsoft that are missing I can't remember) are playable on the Series S/X. All the way from 2001 too so it's a pretty decent chunk of time.

Back