Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Microsoft has officially rebranded the Xbox Live Marketplace as the Xbox Games Store, effective immediately.

Joystiq asked Microsoft about the reasons for the switch and was told, "That's right, [Xbox Live Marketplace] is now called the Xbox Games Store, and will sit alongside the Xbox Music Store and Xbox Video Store.

"This is to make it easier for consumers to find content both on Xbox 360 today and Xbox One when it launches in November."
source

Uhhhh, not a fan of the new name.

Not a fan of the name either.

Seems like they simplified it for no reason.

I thought the original name was cooler.

I agree with ToCool. Still, I don't really care about the name. As long as they're allowing all countries to buy and download games, I'm cool.

It's only the Xbox Live Marketplace that's changed it's name. It's not like Xbox Live has changed it's name. Xbox Live Arcade will still remain the same name, Xbox Live will still remain the same, the only thing that's changed is the name of the store where you buy games. Some people get way too sentimental.

GamerPerfection said:
It's only the Xbox Live Marketplace that's changed it's name. It's not like Xbox Live has changed it's name. Xbox Live Arcade will still remain the same name, Xbox Live will still remain the same, the only thing that's changed is the name of the store where you buy games. Some people get way too sentimental.
from what I understand though is that everything was rename.

Back