Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from VGC:

As reported by The Verge, the company has been testing the new AI-powered chatbot, which uses an “embodied AI character” that animates when it answers support questions.

The chatbot, which is currently named the Xbox Support Virtual Agent, is being tested internally at Microsoft but the report claims its testing pool has been expanded in recent days.

“We are testing an Xbox Support Virtual Agent, an internal prototype of an animated character that can query Xbox Support topics with voice or text,” she said.

“The prototype makes it easier and quicker for players to get help with support topics using natural language, taking information from existing Xbox Support pages.”

I appreciate they are putting effort into alleviating the trauma it is just to contact customer service by giving Xbox users AI-generated help that will most likely be more accessible to anyone at any time, and being efficient with their current information to solve whatever problem the user has.

Oh, dear god, not another stupid AI chatbot. Chatbots are the worst to deal with. I hate going through a chatbot to talk to a human.

I don't mind AI chatbots for companies as long as they are set up right and given the right information to help those looking for support and help for an issue they are dealing with at the time.

As long as we have an option to speak to a real person should we not be able to find a solution, I feel this could work out well.

Hopefully, there would be a simple way to skip an AI chatbot for people who prefer talking to a real person over the phone or by e-mail because they previously had bad experiences using AI chatbots on Xbox, or they are boycotting AI for different reasons.

Can't wait to go around in circles with the bot trying different options to get an actual person to talk to.

Back