Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
xboxonekinect.jpg

The device features a 1080p camera. It can detect "the slightest rotation of a wrist or shoulder."
The new Kinect's field of view is 60% larger than the original's, and can recognize up to six individual people. Xbox One's new camera also detects people up to four feet closer, making its use in smaller rooms much more practical. It can also recognize specific facial expressions.

Even more impressively, Microsoft claims the new Kinect can read the player's biometrics and scan their heartbeats. Microsoft states that gathering data on when the player is scared or excited opens the door for countless creative opportunities in games. (Some of which may be more scary than exciting).
source

This is a bad risk for MS to require this for Xbox one.

About 3 people, maybe 4 on my forum don't think much of it, that's hardly many. Not all games are going to need kinect and you'll still be able to use the dashboard with the controller. I don't see the problem with an integrated kinect.

GamerPerfection said:
About 3 people, maybe 4 on my forum don't think much of it, that's hardly many. Not all games are going to need kinect and you'll still be able to use the dashboard with the controller. I don't see the problem with an integrated kinect.
I have yet to find a place or a person who is praising the Kinect, and now MS is making it so that it's either active or the Xbox one won't work.

The problem is that it makes the console more expensive. I don't wanna pay for the Kinect because I hate it. I'd rather not pay an extra $100 for it.

I wonder what will happen if people on TV like an actor or Reporter say "Xbox ON", would it turn on the Xbox?

I also don't like the idea of Kinect listening to me.

Plus, the Xbox would be an Always-On device because it needs to be power on to listen to me, so it could use more power, and raise the electricity bill.

Do you guys really think you won't be able to switch the kinect off? I mean it needs to be powered like everything else, so if you aren't using the Xbox ONE just switch it off, instead of worrying about it listening to you!

Even if you AREN'T using the Xbox? Of course not. If you are not using the Xbox then unplug the Kinect then it won't listen to you. It is as simple as that!

Who's gonna remember to unplug it everytime? Or want to? And are you one of those people who try to find the littlest things to make something look good and not think anything is wrong with it?

Back