Xbox Xbox One Slim officially announced

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Microsoft officially confirmed the Xbox One S as part of its E3 briefing today. As rumored, the system is 40 percent smaller than the existing model. It also comes with HDR and 4K video support, among other new features.

The system will sell for $300, starting in August. It also comes with a slightly redesigned controller, featuring textured grip, increased wireless range, and Bluetooth support. Check out the overview video below to learn more.
source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-slim-confirmed-launching-in-august-for-30/1100-6440714

Update, the new Slim model won't work with Kinect right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update that Xbox Slim won't be able to use the Kinect unless you get an adapter for it.
I really hope they come up with some other version where you don't need an adapter. It just seems really inconvenient, especially when the Kinect is one of the things I like best about Xbox.

regretfully I do believe MS is slowly phasing the kinect out.
Wow, really? I haven't heard that. Personally, I never thought it really took off like I assumed it would. The kinds of games that I've seen for it aren't what I was thinking of when I heard about the technology. I was hoping for games that were almost like VR, since you'd be actually moving. The games that I've tried that are like that had some pretty terrible controls though, which was a big let down.

From what I've seen on YouTube and other sites, people don't seem to like the XBox Slim a lot... They even went as far as calling it a disappointment...

Honestly, I had the same thought when I saw the commercials on YouTube for the S model. Nothing that's different from the Xbox One except for HDR and 4K video support. However, it is appealing from the price standpoint and for someone who's debating on either getting an Xbox One or PS4. I'm thinking of getting this console in addition to the PS4 when I have the cash.

Back