Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Microsoft has confirmed that Xbox One is designed to sit horizontally in an entertainment center rather than standing upright. Speaking to IGN, a Microsoft spokesperson provided the following statement:

“Designed as a premium entertainment system that is aesthetically at home in the living room, the console is intended to sit horizontally. Additionally, the airflow and venting system was optimized for this horizontal orientation.”
source

Another con for MS.

Your friends are putting it in the wrong way. That causes for more disc scratches.

GracefulAssassin said:
Your friends are putting it in the wrong way. That causes for more disc scratches.
This. I would just stack my consoles on atop the other.

Just because they advertise it that way doesn't mean it should be. PS3 is also advertised that way.

The PS3 does have an optional stand to for vertical use... So it was designed that it could be used vertically. 

(I've never set mine up that way because I don't like the idea of it standing like that.)

Though this isn't really that big of an issue all things considered. (Especially when compared to the other major xbox issues.) Is it still an issue? Under the right circumstances I suppose, but for most people they'll just use it like intended. 

Lets put this silly argument to bed! The Xbox 360 has "feet" on it's Horizontal surface therefore meaning it can be laid horizontally. It also has "feet" on it's Vertical surface underneath the ports for USB etc, therefore meaning it can stand vertically.

If you own an Xbox 360 take a look at it's surfaces and check for feet. If you find feet placed for a vertical position and you still don't believe it's designed to stand vertically then you're stupid.

Mine stands vertically as it saves space.

Also it doesn't cause more disc scratches, what causes more disc scratches are people that don't take care when handling them.

It kind of stinks that there is no Vertical Tower case for consoles like desktop PC which let users pick a case which is best for their table or room size.

There are horizontal desktops, vertical towers, and cube, mini-towers shaped desktop PCs for people with bigger and smaller tables, or people can just buy a gaming laptops or Windows 8 Gaming tablets like the Razer's Edge Gaming tablet which has the screen, speakers, keyboard, controller, and gaming computer built-into one portable case.

I think the modding community and third party case makers who sell to modders will make verticle cases for the Xbox one.

Back