Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
What is a huge jab to both Sony and Nintendo, Microsoft is making sure their old games keep on playing.

“OG games will look better and play better across the Xbox One family,” said head of Xbox Phil Spencer. For the time being, he called out one single game that will be part of the Xbox library on Xbox One: Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, the fan-favorite aerial dogfight game developed by FASA and released on Xbox in 2003.

No other details were mention at this time.

Yep, this is one of the pros of the Xbox and Microsoft being clever. They know how much us gamers love playing the old classics or just the older games that we still have in general.

I am really sad that other companies haven't taken note and perhaps tried to integrate such feature into their consoles as well. Imagine playing old SNES or Nintendo 64 games on the 3DS? that would make my day. But I guess Nintendo would never do it. I haven't lost all hope for Sony though. I think they might possibly consider it in the future... or I hope so.

Yep, this is one of the pros of the Xbox and Microsoft being clever. They know how much us gamers love playing the old classics or just the older games that we still have in general.

I am really sad that other companies haven't taken note and perhaps tried to integrate such feature into their consoles as well. Imagine playing old SNES or Nintendo 64 games on the 3DS? that would make my day. But I guess Nintendo would never do it. I haven't lost all hope for Sony though. I think they might possibly consider it in the future... or I hope so.
Unfortunately, I don't know of we'll ever return to the glory days of the Wii Virtual Console. :(

Decent thing but the recent study showed that backwards compatibility isn't really used.

I think there are still a core group of gamers who play older games from previous generations of console on new consoles from time to time, and some of the users may not of taken a survey asking if they use backwards compatibility, or even know the survey existed.

There is still interest in older games since the emulator community for older game consoles still have a core group of users who enjoy playing Nintendo 64, Playstation, and Nintendo Classic games on Windows, Linux, Android, and other operating systems. There are people who buy PC game versions of old console games to play on the PC, and mobile.

Less than 2% of Xbox One use is for backwards compatible games, so maybe Sony’s got it right after all – report

This is the report I am referring to, which suggests backwards compatibility is used for less than 2% of Xbox One useage.

I think most people with Xbox 360 game disc may still own a working Xbox 360 console, and controllers, so they maybe less likely to use the Xbox One.

But, as more older Xbox 360 becomes broken, the number of backwards compatibility users on Xbox One maybe higher like people who play classic console games like Crazy Taxi on a PC because the original console like the Sega Dreamcast are no longer being sold.

Sony has been doing this since the PS3 and Nintendo since the Wii's release. A little over a decade behind but better later than never

Pretty much. A lot of people would pay to play their favorite titles from previous consoles on their current console. Hopefully Microsoft does this well.

It would also be cool if Microsoft re-release some of the more popular older games like Fable as physical disc where gamers can play them on the Xbox One, Xbox 360, and original Xbox depending on when the game was release.

Some games like Kingdom Hearts may follow a game story line where you need to play the first game before you play the second game in the same series if you want to understand the full story.

Some gamers may want the physical experience of playing older games on their older consoles, and comparing how well the same physical game plays on the Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

For me , i try to buy physical but digital least i know the money is going to the devs , but i see your point re-release the all the classics give certain games a revive.

I enjoy buying physical as well because you get a box, and game guides which can be good for collectors who are huge fans of a game like Final Fantasy, Halo, and Call of Duty.

Popular classic games like Fable, and Halo may get new fans who played newer versions of the games release for the Xbox One if MS re-release the game which are playable on the Xbox 360 and newer Xbox One which is now backwards compatible with a lot of older 360 console titles. The game makers can also fix game problems which were left unfixed on the original versions of the games, and re-release them without the game problems which require people to install game updates to fix them.

Back