Xbox SX Xbox Series S

Might as well just save up a bit more and get the Xbox Series X instead

Waiting a few months to years for a price drop or discount sale of the Xbox Series X to $399 to $425 can be more worth it, or buying a used/refurbished Xbox Series X can also be worth it.

There may also be a few good discounts for the Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas, Boxing day, and Back to School sales for the Xbox Series X, so buyers may not need to wait long for the Xbox Series X to go on sale.

Read from Kotaku:

The Xbox Series S isn’t out yet, but in Japan, it’s already getting a price cut.

Today, Microsoft Japan announced that the smaller next-gen console, originally priced 32,980 yen ($313) in the country, will retail for 29,980 yen, which with the current exchange rate is $285.

that means the Xbox Series S is 10,000 yen ($95) cheaper than the PlayStation 5 in Japan. It also brings the console’s Japanese pricing closer in line with its $299 pricing for the US.

Read from Kotaku:

The Xbox Series S isn’t out yet, but in Japan, it’s already getting a price cut.

Today, Microsoft Japan announced that the smaller next-gen console, originally priced 32,980 yen ($313) in the country, will retail for 29,980 yen, which with the current exchange rate is $285.

that means the Xbox Series S is 10,000 yen ($95) cheaper than the PlayStation 5 in Japan. It also brings the console’s Japanese pricing closer in line with its $299 pricing for the US.

Man, xbox does really bad over there.

Man, xbox does really bad over there.

Indeed. Got to give it to them though despite all the really low sales in Japan they continue to try.

Read from Kotaku:

I remember articles many years ago that CD disc music and DVD movie disc is still popular in Japan, so I feel a console without a disc drive won't be as popular in Japan because they can't play discs of any kind.

Droping the price of the Xbox Series S may make slightly more people buy it in Japan.

The fact that it's disc-less doesn't appeal to me at all. I'll be honest with you it's a dumb move by Microsoft to make any of these consoles disc less. Trying to force people to buy digital is a bit odd because most people would still buy it anyway.

Back