Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from Pushsquare:

Initial Xbox pre-orders were, by most accounts, relatively smooth, but the situation deteriorated drastically as the day went on. UK retailer GAME was taken offline, and in the US, numerous retailers ran out of stock almost instantly — no doubt a result of people knowing exactly when pre-orders would go live. What's more, many of these same outlets were hit with various technical issues, preventing people from even adding a shiny new Xbox to their online basket.

But the blackeye for Microsoft happened to come from its own channels. The official Microsoft Store was brought to its knees right off the bat as its website buckled under the stress. When it returned, it provided people with broken pre-order links, inciting panic among eager would-be buyers. The actual pre-orders ended up going live much later in the day — and it was the same story with Amazon US.

And so between Sony and Microsoft, we've had two different ways of doing things. Sony's was an undeniably cheap shot, but the sudden opening of pre-orders meant that there wasn't just one gigantic push across all participating retailers — it all happened in waves. Microsoft, meanwhile, had the courtesy to tell people exactly when pre-orders would go live — but this has led to a load of technical and instant out of stock issues.

Has this happened before with the PS4 and Xbox One? Or are these unprecedented levels of users wanting to pre-order these next gen consoles?

There were some preorder problems with the ps4 too, but I don't think it's as "messy" as the ps5, Covid is making it worse.

COVID is def making things worse, lots of people are still out of work, so more time for internet shopping.

Bots could be more sophisticated to make things worse.

Hopefully, Microsoft can make more consoles for people to pre-order. I feel more people are asking for game consoles like the Xbox Series X as Christmas and Birthday gifts instead of other gifts like sporting goods like a skateboard or outdoor toys like remote control air planes and drones because of the Coronavirus lockdown preventing people from going out.

COVID is def making things worse, lots of people are still out of work, so more time for internet shopping.

Bots could be more sophisticated to make things worse.

Wait, but you need a job to buy online... karma will catch up to those getting a shiny new console instead of budgeting for life costs.

Wait, but you need a job to buy online... karma will catch up to those getting a shiny new console instead of budgeting for life costs.
People will be saving more money working from home though. I'm saving a massive amount on travel and food costs

Maybe some of the buyers sold their old car, computer, Xbox One console and games, so they can afford the Xbox Series X or S.

I feel some of the buyers maybe buying a lot of cheaper and low quality products like cheaper generic food which is close to the expiry date, and cheap household products like microwaves, so they can afford the Xbox Series X or S.

They could be working from home, or they just have poor life choices.

I know both kids of people.
People will be saving more money working from home though. I'm saving a massive amount on travel and food costs

Kind of why I haven't worked from home, I don't trust myself to stay on task.

Back