Staff member
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
Steal Penalty
Steal Penalty
Steal Penalty
Steal Penalty
How do you think Xbox can grow in Japan? So far they've added in multiple Japanese games notwithstanding Persona, Ni No Kuni, Soulhackers 2, etc. I think they need more exclusives like Kojima's game. What do you think?

MS just needs to keep doing what they are right now, buying more game studios and getting more games on Xbox, results will speak for themselves.

MisterBobbyPin Techno you might to change the title a bit I thought you were talking you or something growing in Japan. anyways back to topic Xbox will grow with the more games and new features Japan could add or even make events that they do to get an Xbox or game promoted.

Best strategy they could do for starters is making sure to get more japanese games on their platfrom like ni no kuni how is it possible that it toke so long to get these on xbox. Sure it probably nice for the 5 people that still want to play it but by now everybody who wanted to play these games already did by now.

Soul hackers 2 was a nice suprise as it's the first atlus game on a xbox platform in years, atleast microsoft kept this one away from sony as platform exclusive and that is what they should focus on, getting games like this on their platform like many more niche japanse developed games are playstation and switch only how is it even possible when you have all the money in the world that you have not invested in this yet. Many tecmo koei rpg's have never been on xbox, some with Nis their games sure they may be more niche but would be worth investing in to get them on your platform, like atlus their ps4/switch games give them a sack of cash and let them port them over to xbox atleast you could say to people their is no need to get a ps5 to play these as we have these games on xbox aswell.

Buying up studios is good and all but microsoft needs to start getting exclusive games out now if they want to get a footing in japan, not in 5 years because it may be a little too late.

I heard both the XBOX Series X & S are selling well there in Japan. That`s great news that`s for sure I hope the XBOX continues to do well overall.

I think dropping the price of the Xbox Series X and Xbox Live Gold subscription would make the console sell better in Japan. Making more games like Japanese RPGs which Japanese gamers are interested in will also help sell more consoles.

I think if they want to keep money in Japan (which may or may not be a lost cause) they would stick to Playstation and Nintendo. But business is business. They get more money from games using all platforms and catering to developers. That doesn't mean the games will help certain markets though. Like Soul Hackers 2, it didn't get good sales. So if the market is in theory a bunch of consumers that prefer money kept in a certain national business that the buyer lives in and are willing to spend, then this statement is just not gonna happen. There is a case the US market likes Nintendo because it's a cheap and kid-friendly alternative most of the time, but Xbox isn't the cheapest by a long shot. Japan happens to be one of the poorest market-wise in the world with their currency so I think they would only be able to afford one console in the first place. If you bought the cheaper console you can buy more games for it. That's my take.

Back