Y64M's First Night of Minecraft

Yoshi64Mario

Player of all consoles!
Awards
Credits
Now, bear with me a second. This was my first time playing Minecraft without an experienced friend in the same room, as well as my first time on a difficulty on something harder then Peaceful.

So I signed up and all that, not sure if I'd get the game, so I played the Demo for a bit. The only research I'd ever done to this point is the Let's Play by RoosterTeeth on Youtube. So for one thing, I know some of the enemies.

So I started playing. After reading a generic walkthrough of getting through the first day, I grabbed some blocks of wood, learned how to make a crafting station, a pickaxe... And all that.

A little later on, I thought about what the walkthrough had also said. A good idea is to simply search for a cave or a hillside and mine it a little, put down a door, and there's your first shelter. So I learned how to make a door, placed it.... Gathered some more wood.... And then night came along. Ohhhh boy. Things got crazy from there.

I had grabbed my crafting station and moved it inside. As things started getting dark, I checked the wiki for making torches. No problem. But then, I heard something.

I looked at the door. "What was that?"

Oh yeah. Probably a Zombie. No big deal. I mean, he can't break down my door, right? Right?

I make some more stuff and start getting pleased with myself. I then look at the door again, because the growl/snarl/noise has gotten louder.

"What the hell he's at my door! OK, well he can't break through. I'm on Easy difficulty." If there was a sound effect for slamming into the back wall of a cave, it'd play here, as I literally backed right away.

I go back to the crafting station and the furnace. A few minutes later I look at the door again after hearing different noises. Like the Zombie is attacking the door or something. Thinking this would be similar to Terraria (can knock and make noise, can't break it down or open it), I look at the door.

And there's cracks in the top part of the door.

"WHAT THE F*** HE'S BREAKING THE DOOR DOWN! HE'S BREAKING THE DOOR DOWN! OH NO!" Back away, WHAM to the back of the cave.

After a few seconds of trying to find the pause key, I strike Escape, and the game pauses. "OK, WHAT THE F***??" I search, frantically, trying to find out what just happened.

All my research turned up was that they can't break down doors unless in Hard Mode.

"I'm gonna have to fight him. I'm gonna have to." I unpause and get my pickaxe ready. Because it's the only thing between me, and that Zombie.

...The door magically heals itself. "OH MY GAWD THAT WAS CLOSE."

Realizing that THIS is what everyone means by 'not breaking down the door', I walk up with every intention of striking that Zombie in the fist that's sticking through to do a little damage. Yeah, I'm a newbie. So?

And what do I do?

I HIT. THE GODDAMN. WRONG BUTTON. AND OPEN. THE FREAKIN' DOOR.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!!!!!!"

I managed to kill him with my pickaxe. I look out of the house. "Any more?"

No Zombies. But I spot something WORSE.

"Creeper! CREEEEEPPPPEEEEERRRRR!!!" SLAM goes the door, WHAM at the back of the cave again. And that's where I spent the remaining, thankfully only few, minutes of the night. No Zombies. Just the worry of the Creeper down below. (I know what these things do thanks to the RoosterTeeth Let's Plays... They explode on your face if you let them.)

I open the door the next morning. "WHAT THE HELL HE'S STILL THERE!" Straight back to the cave, SLAM the door shut, WHAM one more time on the back wall of the cave "F*** this sh!t!" And very quickly exit the game.

I think I gave myself a mini heart attack. And all the times I pick on Dan for getting scared. Holy crapballs.

Mind you, I did enjoy it, as stupid as I was and as cruddy my first night on another mode other then Peaceful was. When I get some more money together, I think I'll buy it. Sure hope I don't react like that every time a Zombie comes knocking though. Gawd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your story made me laugh. If you have any questions about Minecraft than you can ask me(I had the game since beta 1.6.6). Hey at least a creeper didn't kill you when mining coal like I did and that was my first death. I did make a note why I did die, 2 hearts of hp+sun is setting+mining coal=death from a creeper. Just a heads up don't look into an Enderman's eyes and if you do, run towards a body of water near by and if there isn't one than just run.

Your story made me laugh. If you have any questions about Minecraft than you can ask me(I had the game since beta 1.6.6). Hey at least a creeper didn't kill you when mining coal like I did and that was my first death. I did make a note why I did die, 2 hearts of hp+sun is setting+mining coal=death from a creeper. Just a heads up don't look into an Enderman's eyes and if you do, run towards a body of water near by and if there isn't one than just run.

That was SO freaking funny to read. I've never played Minecraft but guess that someday I might get it.

Yeah, I hate how zombies can break doors now. I've been playing since Alpha's Halloween Update and they've changed a lot to make survival harder.

This topic made me want to download Minecraft.
And I realized it costs muney.
So I downloaded legally bought Terraria, and I must say: This is awesome, is Minecraft the same but in 3D, or has some more changes to it?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I downloaded legally bought Terraria, and I must say: This is awesome, is Minecraft the same but in 3D, or has some more changes to it?

Yes, Minecraft is different. Here's a list.
*You can add mods to change up the game.
*You can use a texture pack to change the look of Minecraft.
*Has 2 bosses(the 2nd is a WIP with the Ender Dragon being the 1st)
*Has an ending
*World types like Super Flat ect.
*Survival,Creative, Hardcore, Adventure modes(Adventure mode can only be play on a world/save that has cheats enabled
*Option to enabled cheats when making a new world.
*Has the Nether and The Ender(aka "The end")
*Weather(rain, snow, lighting, thunder)
*Biomes
*Has a option to let you play in 3D.(You need 3D glasses!)
*Can write in books
*And tons of other stuff

There's a demo on the site or if you download it. The demo lasts for five days. All you need to play it is an account. (This is what Y64 Mario was playing, too.)

Ha
smile.gif
Your first few days or so of Minecraft will be the most exciting. There's much more to discover out there, especially underground. Have fun!

And after you get bored (which usually take hundreds of hours) you can try out Technic/Tekkit.

Back