froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It hasn’t been easy for Yahoo over the past few years, the company has been trying hard to bring back users to its core web properties, but the plans don’t appear to be working as well as it would like them to. Perhaps the company thinks that selling off the iconic properties like Yahoo Mail would be a better option for long-term sustainability, that’s actually what the company is reportedly considering.

Read More

It is sad to see that Yahoo may sell off their web properties. Hopefully, Yahoo won't sell Yahoo Answers, Yahoo Instant Messenger, Yahoo Games, Yahoo Search, Yahoo News, Flckr! and Yahoo Mail.

I don't want to see an Internet where only a few big websites exist, and there are no good alternatives for people to use. I think it is important to have alternatives, so people can join sites which they want to join instead of being forced to join websites because there are no good alternatives, or the alternatives are even worse.

Considering yahoo mail is my main (junk) account, what does that mean for me?

I also use Yahoo for junk mail, and registration for forums, blogs, and other sites because Gmail was not around in the mid 1990s when I start using the internet, and hotmail was not as nice looking back than.

Yahoo Mail seems to load faster, and is easier than use than Gmail, and other webmails.

I like the Web based YIM Instant Messenger built-into Yahoo Mail more than other webmail sites where the chat program does not seem as nice to use.

This story has been circulating for years and I think it will be sold the next few years. Not sure why but I just have that hunch.

This story has been circulating for years and I think it will be sold the next few years. Not sure why but I just have that hunch.
I hope that doesn't happen, i have been using yahoo mail from such a long time. I mean so man years before the Gmail launch via the invite system which created such a hype.

I wouldn't really care to be honest as I don't use it. Gmail all the way :p
Do people still even use yahoo instant messenger and games?

I wouldn't really care to be honest as I don't use it. Gmail all the way :p
Do people still even use yahoo instant messenger and games?

I think some people still use Yahoo Instant Messenger, and Games since YIM and Games were pretty big back in the past, so there are still probably a lot of people who use them.

Yahoo Chatrooms are probably still pretty popular for chatting with strangers in a large chatroom.

I rarely use instant messengers like YIM and Skype because I find using the personal message feature like Facebook Messenger/Chat on social networks more convenient. I can also contact most friends and family on social networks, e-mail, apps, and forums.

I also don't like having instant messengers running in the background because they use up a little bit of RAM, and CPU resources which can make games and some other programs run slower because of the extra RAM, and CPU usage from the Instant Messenger.

Is it confirmed for how much are they quoting the prices of yahoo services, Yahoo messenger was kind of dead anyways!

I think Yahoo is still pretty popular in places like Japan, so there maybe still a lot of Japanese Yahoo Messenger users. A lot of Asian people uses chat services like WhatsApp, and Wechat, so there maybe still many users who use Yahoo Messenger.

Back