Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read a translated Dengeki Online interview by dualshockers on him wanting to make a new FF Tactics game--make it happen Matsuno San!--:

tactics-ogre-catiua-denim-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

Matsuno: Rather than looking back at the past, I’m the kind of person who loves trying out new things. But when you reach my age, you start having thoughts like “How much time do I have left to keep making games?”. And I’m not talking about retirement, I’m talking about death. Recently, I’ve been to more funerals than weddings, and it made me aware of how limited our time is. On places like Twitter, fans sometimes send me messages like “I really wish you’d make a new Ogre or FFT!!”. When I see messages like this, a part of me thinks “I probably need to make one before I die”.

Through the interview, Matsuno reminded everyone that Final Fantasy Tactics‘s story has been completed in the original game, and the events of Return to Ivalice are completely unrelated. Return to Ivalice is based on a what-if scenario where Ramza and his friends met their end in the final battle. However, he explained that he already mentioned in the past that Ramza and his friends survived the ending of FFT. Matsuno also mentioned how Lord of Vermillion 3 ‘s collaboration event with Final Fantasy Tactics included small details about Ramza’s life after the original game’s events.

Matsuno: Lord of Vermillion 3 mentioned how Ramza and his companions survived the events of FFT. They left Ivalice and decided to go explore new lands. When I still worked at Square, even Square employees would often ask me “Did Ramza survive at the end of FFT?”. I always regreted that I was too inexperienced when making the original game to make it clear that yes, Ramza and his friends definitely survived.

Last edited:
If the new game is Matsuno's last FF Tactics game then I surely hope it's not a mobile game. Matsuno and FF Tactics deserve better!

Back