YOU NOW DON'T HAVE TO BUY A WII TO PLAY SMASH BROS.!

The only other similarity I can see to Super Smash Bros is that the stages look pretty 3D.. Although they had this in Little Big Planet..

I wonder what the final cast will be? I like the idea. Crash and Spyro have the SLIGHTEST chance of being in it. ANd I do mean SLIGHTEST. Like, 1% chance. Of course, I'd jump up and down if they are in it from excitement.

Looks like they'll definitely have a few favourites, and although Crash and Spyro may not make it, Sly is already confirmed in the video Dan posted, and if he's there I'm sure Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter will appear, and that's me covered, even if I don't get Crash or Spyro.

If this manages to bypass Brawl's online mode, and make it with little to know lag (because that was terrible), and have some kind of adventure or stage-progession thing, this might just trump Brawl for me. But let's not forget that the WiiU and 3DS are getting a new Smash Bros. game, so it may only trump Brawl, but not be at the top of my list. Let's see how things play out, this has my interest for sure.

Edit: Oh yeah, I just Googled 'Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale crash' and there... Is a surprising amount of people who want Crash Bandicoot. Hopefully there's some for Spyro too. They might make it in as third-party characters, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only other similarity I can see to Super Smash Bros is that the stages look pretty 3D.. Although they had this in Little Big Planet..

Levels look gimmicky, some of the levels seem to allow you to jump onto higher areas jumping seems to be a fighting strategy, and there are respawns. Those are just what I can tell from the image.

No... I'm serious. it's just a big empty space between the small paragraph and where it says "my reaction". Then theres another huge space after that.......

Sounds like a Flash fail to me, as it's actually a YouTube video.

I like that parappa is in it. Other than that, the idea is soo obvious.I hope this doesnt make it, it will benefit the company money if they scrap it.

THAT'S the name of that dog. I also see that Sly Fox guy in there.

I wonder if Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and a few other people will pop up? I mean, come on, PlayStation All-Stars without Crash? WOT THE?

EDIT: Okay, so after watching a video for it that was posted on the main site, which is here, I will say it actually looks darn good. The stages look pretty amazing and they were talking about having the different universes interact. Maybe they can whip up some kind of story like the SSE and possibly make it better or something? Who knows.

But hey, bear in mind that there are games by Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon/Whatever that take a SSB approach. At least with this one it will actually be a good rival and stuff. But holy crap the thought of Crash spinning around makes me giddy. Even if I'll probably never be able to play it.

Did you seriously not know who Parappa is? My heart brakes!!!! Do you EVEN LIKE video games at this point?!?!?

No... I'm serious. it's just a big empty space between the small paragraph and where it says "my reaction". Then theres another huge space after that.......

Sounds like a Flash fail to me, as it's actually a YouTube video.

I like that parappa is in it. Other than that, the idea is soo obvious.I hope this doesnt make it, it will benefit the company money if they scrap it.

THAT'S the name of that dog. I also see that Sly Fox guy in there.

I wonder if Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and a few other people will pop up? I mean, come on, PlayStation All-Stars without Crash? WOT THE?

EDIT: Okay, so after watching a video for it that was posted on the main site, which is here, I will say it actually looks darn good. The stages look pretty amazing and they were talking about having the different universes interact. Maybe they can whip up some kind of story like the SSE and possibly make it better or something? Who knows.

But hey, bear in mind that there are games by Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon/Whatever that take a SSB approach. At least with this one it will actually be a good rival and stuff. But holy crap the thought of Crash spinning around makes me giddy. Even if I'll probably never be able to play it.

Did you seriously not know who Parappa is? My heart brakes!!!! Do you EVEN LIKE video games at this point?!?!?

I knew who Parappa was! The name just skipped my mind for a second!

I only know Parappa from Robot Chicken. Other than that I know nothing about the game.

Relevant:
[media]http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/08/playstation-all-stars-vs-super-smash-bros[/media]

Edit: not sure if the video is loading right. basically an IGN video about the two games, similarities, differences, and whatnot. Check it out on their site if the video doesn't work for you

This looks interesting. I'd like to try it sometime and see how it compares up to smash bros. I always loved these type of games since smash bros. People have to stop looking at it as being a smash bros competitor because most don't just want a ssb clone. It's the nostalgia and the Nintendo characters they grew up with in one game. Sony has it's own history of iconic heroes too ya know. Smash bros will be fine...
sleep.gif

I kind of facepalm'd when I saw this game being announced, but I have to admit, it's a good way of seeing how SSB4 might look on the Wii U, since it should have similar (if not superior) graphics to the PS3.

First the PlayStation Move, now this... sigh.

I dont mind that SONY does these things, cause in reality, I think the Cartoon Network fighter was the first to use the "smash bros" style of fighting. What kills me from SONY and makes me angry is when they claim that theyre innovative and their games are new creations. They are not the only ones though, but SONY does brag about being "first" in new game engines, which is bullcrap.

Still, this Parappa would of been better only cause he would be more 3D.
parappa.jpg

I kind of facepalm'd when I saw this game being announced, but I have to admit, it's a good way of seeing how SSB4 might look on the Wii U, since it should have similar (if not superior) graphics to the PS3.

First the PlayStation Move, now this... sigh.
The Wii U's graphics will probably not be better than the PS3's..

Back