Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Apparently a N64 emulator was available to download and use on a Xbox One console. Emulators are legal to use and have, where as ROMs are illegal, it was taken down 24 hours after coming up.

Did anyone get it? It did cost $10 and didn't run games very well.

$10 seem expensive for emulator software which you can get for free for Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi, and Android consoles like the Ouya. It may even be possible to get a used or refurbished Ouya or Raspberry Pi 2 for $10 off of eBay and Craigslist.

I bet, the emulator was poorly made since less powerful hardware like the Raspberry Pi 2 can be setup to run N64, and Playstation 1 emulators.

$10 seem expensive for emulator software which you can get for free for Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi, and Android consoles like the Ouya. It may even be possible to get a used or refurbished Ouya or Raspberry Pi 2 for $10 off of eBay and Craigslist.

I bet, the emulator was poorly made since less powerful hardware like the Raspberry Pi 2 can be setup to run N64, and Playstation 1 emulators.

It's possible they didn't want to fully develop it in fear of its removal.

It's possible they didn't want to fully develop it in fear of its removal.

They may not develop this because they may feel there are not many people who buy this because of cheaper and free alternatives for Windows, Linux, Android and Mac. Plus, the Xbox One has less gamers than the PS4, and Windows PC, so there may not be as many gamers who buy this emulator even if it stayed up for a longer period of time.

I also feel that $10 can probably be better spent on an older game from Xbox Live which runs and play better than emulating N64 games on the Xbox One. The controller on the Xbox One may not be good for playing some N64 games.

Back