Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So new year and new goals, what is yours if you have one?

The only goal I've set for myself is I want to see if I can read more than I did in 2018 (yes, I did keep track of what I read in 2018).

I don't have any goals for this year, at the moment.

I might add some later though. Like changing my company , relocation or something like that.

I plan on reading more in 2019, and spend less time watching online videos and TV.

I found this out from a friend who's mother is a nurse... One way to really avoid getting sick is to keep your hands away from your eyes. The eyes are a very easy entry point for bacteria, virus and germs. They don't have as many defenses compared to the nose or mouth so it means the illness gets into the body more easily.
And, as usual, wash your hands regularly with soap. Especially if you are cooking, handling pets or are around sick people.
Stay away from hand sanitizer because in 99% of cases it's pointless. (The brief clean it provides is very quickly undone. But on the negative side frequent use of hand sanitizer dries out your hands and makes them more prone to splitting/cracking. This is due to the alcohol nature of the product.)

Also, getting the flu shot is a pretty good idea because even if the experts are off about which strains are popular in the current season the shot can still provide some insulation/protection as other strains may share characteristics with the ones inoculated against. Thus potentially lessening the severity and helping speed up recovery time.

Beyond that... get at least 8 hours of sleep each night, eat good foods (mcdonalds is not good food), drink plenty of fluids (not alcohol) and you'll be fine. Some people will take vitamin C and salmon oil but unless you're actually deficient on them they won't really help. (If anything they're more of a placebo effect.)

Probably should have included this in my last post (kinda forgot to). But my goals for 2019 are:
- build up my savings to a much more comfortable point.
- build a gaming PC.
- buy a new smart phone (maybe a Galaxy Note 9, but we'll see).
- get the AC in my vehicles fixed.
- do a thorough clean out of my room. (I've accumulated a lot of stuff and some of it needs to go.)

I found this out from a friend who's mother is a nurse... One way to really avoid getting sick is to keep your hands away from your eyes. The eyes are a very easy entry point for bacteria, virus and germs. They don't have as many defenses compared to the nose or mouth so it means the illness gets into the body more easily.
And, as usual, wash your hands regularly with soap. Especially if you are cooking, handling pets or are around sick people.
Stay away from hand sanitizer because in 99% of cases it's pointless. (The brief clean it provides is very quickly undone. But on the negative side frequent use of hand sanitizer dries out your hands and makes them more prone to splitting/cracking. This is due to the alcohol nature of the product.)

Also, getting the flu shot is a pretty good idea because even if the experts are off about which strains are popular in the current season the shot can still provide some insulation/protection as other strains may share characteristics with the ones inoculated against. Thus potentially lessening the severity and helping speed up recovery time.

Beyond that... get at least 8 hours of sleep each night, eat good foods (mcdonalds is not good food), drink plenty of fluids (not alcohol) and you'll be fine. Some people will take vitamin C and salmon oil but unless you're actually deficient on them they won't really help. (If anything they're more of a placebo effect.)

I really had to train myself to never touch my face, doing so really helped out.

Another thing I learned is that when you cough, don't cough into your hands. That's a quick way to spread germs with other people. If you're like me, then you're parents were always tell you to cover your mouth when you cough. I've learned to cough into the bend of your arm, where your elbow is. When you go to shake hands with someone or you go to grab or touch something, you're obviously going to do that with your hands and not your elbows. Thus, you are eliminating the risk (or at least reducing the risk) of sharing whatever germs you have with other people.

- Get even more in shape
- Read more (already do this a fair bit, but more)
- Save more for deposit on house

How much gaming will happen in line with this busy schedule is unknown but hopefully I'll play a couple games at least.

How much gaming will happen in line with this busy schedule is unknown but hopefully I'll play a couple games at least.

Resident Evil 2 Remake?

Another thing I learned is that when you cough, don't cough into your hands. That's a quick way to spread germs with other people. If you're like me, then you're parents were always tell you to cover your mouth when you cough. I've learned to cough into the bend of your arm, where your elbow is. When you go to shake hands with someone or you go to grab or touch something, you're obviously going to do that with your hands and not your elbows. Thus, you are eliminating the risk (or at least reducing the risk) of sharing whatever germs you have with other people.

I've seen people cough into their arms wrong, just cough right past it...

Preordered it when it was announced on PS Store so can't cancel it even if I wanted to, so will likely check it out :grin: Whether I play the whole thing straight away or not will be seen in due time I suppose.

The Zombie Apocalypse cannot be canceled lol. So do you plan on trying out the Demo with the 30 minutes time limit?

Back