NaviKing

Credits
Hey everyone, just wondering what your favorite anime is that you don't see a lot of people talk about or don't see a lot of merchandise and publicity for.

Mine would probably be [C]: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. It takes place in world occupied by a parallel dimension called The Financial District. People who are chosen to be Entrepreneurs can earn money by participating in battles called Deals. Deals take place with two Entrepreneurs pitting their Assets against each other. Each entrepreneur gets one Asset that takes the form of some sort of beast or fae-type creature. The anime itself explores a lot of financial concepts without getting too technical and shows how the Financial District and the real world are related. The relationship between the main character and his asset is also very cute, and they're both great.

So, your turn!

[C]: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control is pretty good, but I lacked the concept of how money really worked.

For me it would be Ronin Warriors, an anime about an ancient god trying to come back to the real world by taking back his armors used by his minions and warriors of light.

Detroit Metal City is bloody hilarious (warning: it contains numerous expletives)

http://myanimelist.net/anime/3702/Detroit_Metal_City

Synopsis: A bunch of rather inept characters who honestly aren't into death metal, somehow become the most popular death metal band in all of Japan. The antics of the music players, and moreso of their frenzied fans, are nothing short of ridiculously funny.

For me, I think the movie called "Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari." The story is quite entertaining even though it has mecha(I'm not a big fan of them). I don't know if it's unknown since I haven't seen it the dail topic as much as the other anime I've watched.

Ronin Warriors might not be my cup of tea, but the animation definitely has that classic 80's feel to it. It might be something I'd enjoy having on in the background.

Detroit Metal City sounds hilarious. It seems like there will be a lot of hijinx involved. I think I'll add that to my watch queue (though my watch queue is pretty long at this point).

I really liked Katanagatari and kind of enjoyed Bakemonogatari. Is Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari related to them at all? At any rate, it does seem interesting. I'm a big fan of sci-fi/fantasy anime.

I don't know a lot of "Unknown" anime, I feel like all anime are pretty known. I guess some unpopular ones I like are, C: The Money Of Soul and Possibility Of Control, Ben-To, and Shuffle! are all anime I like that are fairly not talked about. I can see why, because for the most part they're 1-cour with a decent premise, but just never really go anywhere. C was only 11 episodes, and just ended. No source material or anything after that. It was good for what it was, but it wasn't much.

I don't know a lot of "Unknown" anime, I feel like all anime are pretty known. I guess some unpopular ones I like are, C: The Money Of Soul and Possibility Of Control, Ben-To, and Shuffle! are all anime I like that are fairly not talked about. I can see why, because for the most part they're 1-cour with a decent premise, but just never really go anywhere. C was only 11 episodes, and just ended. No source material or anything after that. It was good for what it was, but it wasn't much.

I highly recommend Ben-To.
and whats Shuffle!

Detroit Metal City is actually quite popular among the grown up, mature audiences. :) And I agree, it's hilarious and good fun, especially if you are into rock and metal music.

Here's some really underground stuff:

Nightwalker: The midnight detective (1998) - I don't really know why I liked this show. It explored corny themes like immortals in conflict, some occasional sex with mortal women etc. but it was complete (no loose ends), the main character was very cool and it ended with a certain sense of mystery that wasn't annoying, but actually something like an ending of a good book.

Mado King Granzort (1988) - A show for kids, but it has THE BEST anime soundtrack I've heard to day. If you think Naruto and Fairy tale have some good themes, you definitely need to listen to these classical compositions with an electric guitar! The composer (Kohei Tanaka) is a god! The show itself is classic Sunrise studios: it's fun for 15-20 episodes, but then it gets repetitive till the end. Still, mysterious rabbit-humans who live on the moon fighting the axis of evil together with 3 humans who control magical robots?! Count me in. XD

-----

Those shows are for people with peculiar taste, but I can recommend something that is not so popular, but it is quality stuff: Shinsekai Yori (Tales from the new world). The plot happens on post-apocalyptic Earth, 1000 years into the future, where kids with ESP talents are going to school. Throughout the show we witness their growing up process (12-25 years) and destinies (some are tragic). They start to find out strange things about humanity's past (they are unaware that they live in the post-technological future) and that is how they get into a lot of trouble with authorities. The most interesting thing about this show is how it ends...a completely unexpected turn! All in all, a great storytelling anime.

Back