Your Latest/Next Purchase?

I got a free $6 the hut coupon, so I ordered Samurai Warriors 3D, GTA Chinatown wars, Harvest Moon ~ Sunshine Island and Avalon Code
smile.gif

I don't know how many times i've said it, but i'm awaiting D/\RKSPORE. I'm expecting it any day now in the mail.

Dark Spore? For which consoles or handhelds?

It's only for the PC right now, though i wouldn't doubt it if Maxis made a different version of it for the Ipod touch and possibly 3DS (Which would look awesome, I would think.)

I'm out of Tic Tacs, cigarettes, papers, red bull and then I wanted to eat a sub, so i'll need to buy a barquette. So I guess, that will be on my shopping list... Is that what you had in mind?

I'm out of Tic Tacs, cigarettes, papers, red bull and then I wanted to eat a sub, so i'll need to buy a barquette. So I guess, that will be on my shopping list... Is that what you had in mind?

I am also out of Tic Tacs (Orange flavour -> My fav) and toilet paper. Are you referring to toilet paper or paper?

I am also out of Tic Tacs (Orange flavour -> My fav) and toilet paper. Are you referring to toilet paper or paper?

lol actually both toilet and rolling aaand orange flavor as well

Last edited by a moderator:
How's Sonic 06?
loading.gif

Played Sonic '06 back in 2007 when it was my only PS3 game. If you have enough patience to get through the 3 minute loading times, bugs, and missing elements, you'll enjoy the game as it is. I'm a big Sonic fan mind you so I'm trying my best to be as truthful as possible. It's fun once you get in the groove and the music score in a select amount of acts is incredible but it wont be without its flaws.

Pic related, it's the loading screen.
3 minutes? You're over exagerating. I timed mine in 4 different spots. Loading is only 1:30 and that's on the 360. Meaning that the 360 is better than the PS3.

How's Sonic 06?
loading.gif

Played Sonic '06 back in 2007 when it was my only PS3 game. If you have enough patience to get through the 3 minute loading times, bugs, and missing elements, you'll enjoy the game as it is. I'm a big Sonic fan mind you so I'm trying my best to be as truthful as possible. It's fun once you get in the groove and the music score in a select amount of acts is incredible but it wont be without its flaws.

Pic related, it's the loading screen.
3 minutes? You're over exagerating. I timed mine in 4 different spots. Loading is only 1:30 and that's on the 360. Meaning that the 360 is better than the PS3.

Calm down there bud. Of course I was exaggerating. If it really was 3 minutes do you think anyone would have played to begin with?

Besides the PS3 version was delayed a few months to try to correct such loading times and all they basically did was shave of 10 seconds at most so I wouldn't really say the Xbox 360 version was the best of the two. To tell the truth I wouldn't say any version of Sonic '06 was the best. As much as I liked the music and some acts, it's basically a train wreck.

I don't know about that. I've had the game for not even a week and I beat Sonic's story. It isn't a bad game. In fact it might be the 2nd best Sonic game I've ever played. (Pending on if you count Shadow the Hedgehog. Then it would be 3.) I mean sure there are glitches where you run through the wall, but so did every other 3D Sonic game.

I don't know about that. I've had the game for not even a week and I beat Sonic's story. It isn't a bad game. In fact it might be the 2nd best Sonic game I've ever played. (Pending on if you count Shadow the Hedgehog. Then it would be 3.) I mean sure there are glitches where you run through the wall, but so did every other 3D Sonic game.

Believe me I enjoyed the game for what its worth. I've been playing Sonic since '91 and I was itching for a next gen Sonic. I was hyped when SEGA revealed their first trailer, especially with the updated CG and graphics. I was incredibly excited when I found out I could play as Blaze, she's one of my favorites thanks to Rush.

But what I meant about train wreck is the fact that Sonic '06 is in fact an incomplete game. Yes glitches have appeared in past Sonic games but Sonic '06 is unfortunately plagued with game stopping glitches such as Sonic launching off the rock the wrong direction after the final loop before you cross the big ring in Wave Ocean. Annoyed the heck out of me when I tried to obtain an S rank by carrying hundreds of rings and easily losing them after all the hard work.

The gems you buy in Soleanna are meant to drain the bar on the bottom of the screen but don't because it wasn't implemented in time. That's the only reason why you can keep using their abilities consequently with ease.

Poor Knuckles had his stage endings cut out due to their lack of completing his portion of the story. The only way to see at least one act done by him is by glitching the wall you climb in the Flame Core cavern right before you finish the act with Sonic and fly past the invisible wall.

The missing Rainbow Gem you could have bought in the store was meant to unlock a full playable Super Sonic/Shadow/Silver on Adventure maps and Action stages. Once again they rushed it out of the final product.

Missing Amigo episodes and missions for the rest of the cast and the lack of Metal Sonic who was originally going to be on the roster.

So I'm basically just saying is that all the promises and features they showed off in the tech demos were unfortunately broken due to the fact that they rushed it for a holiday deadline. I paid $59.99 at the time and played the heck out of it but knew for a fact that it could have been incredible.

I get it now. I understand the glitches and the power draining. And I see how the game was incomplete. It is sad. I think I see why people say it's a bad game and I see why I like it. It's the same for many other games I've played. For example, you were really hyped to get the game, you knew there would be features that would make the game amazing and you antcipated for it just like many other Sonic fans. So I, who have only played 4 Sonic games prior to Sonic 06 and having no knowlege of what features the game could have had, was playing it for what it is and not thinking of what it could be. If that makes sense.

Either way I digress. This isn't what this topic is about.

Tomorrow is my friend birthday, so I might treat him something... Probably, I will treat him dinner after I had finished my interaction test for Japanese language course hehe... Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day for me and my friend
smile.gif

Btw, after I sent back the fake games to the ebay seller, I decided to purchase Dragon Quest IX from ozgameshop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back