Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
E3 2013 is now over and so with everything out there what are your thoughts on the event?

I thought it was great this year, each company show a bunch of games and when it came time for their conferences they focused on their stuff instead of useless things like stats they did years before.

I would say to speak generally, I was impressed with the games and not so impressed with the consoles themselves. I find myself wanting to play many of the games, but not so much wanting to own the consoles. There is a lot I'm excited about Wii U now, new installments of classic Nintendo franchises updated and look great. I'm excited for Elder Scrolls Online, although I think I'll most likely play it on a PC. I'm still genuinely baffled and fascinated by all of the strange moves Microsoft is making. The sandbox game they showed looked really neat, the name is escaping me at the moment.

I will post some more on some of the E3 results later on. Right now I must take care of babies. :grin:

I thought it was great. They didn't hold back this time and it seems like they hrew everything out there about their systems so there wil be no surprises. I really enjoyed the announcements of some very exciting games coming out for the systems.

It was an improvement on last years, that is for sure.

I was really looking forward to see what Xbox One would do to redeem themselves from their debut but they pretty much screwed themselves over. Sony and their PS4 looked promising so i'm just gonna get that unless Microsoft does something amazing but I  highly doubt that. But, i'm really enjoying all the games that are being announced, especially Battlefield 4 (which looks AMAZING! no more blue tint!) and battlefront 3! I hope EA doesn't screw up with these games!

I think it was one of the most interesting E3 in years, mostly because of the upcoming new consoles. Watching the rivalry between Sony and Microsoft was just so entertaining. All the PR mistakes made by Microsoft were just fascinating, I felt so much schadenfreude watching them :laugh: I wish I could have gone to the E3 and not just watch the coverage, so many things were happening this year.
But I'm also slightly disappointed, mostly because of the rape joke and also because of the fact that there aren't really that many games they announced that I'll be looking forward to.

It was a great E3. I think Sony killed it! Microsoft didn't do to much in regards to damage control, but only making it worse. 

I thought E3 was great! The only part I watched in full was the Playstation one, the rest I saw the highlights for. I'm really looking forward to some games especially the remake of one of the Oddworld games and Watch Dogs. I think Sony showed they mean business at E3, the sly backhand to Microsoft about the used games was great  :lmao:

Sony definitely shone in this E3. I'm really looking forward to how the reception will be when it's officially released. There's a probability that most future games are going to be centred on the new consoles, which may be a good thing.

dreyz said:
Sony definitely shone in this E3. I'm really looking forward to how the reception will be when it's officially released. There's a probability that most future games are going to be centred on the new consoles, which may be a good thing.
I see Sony outselling Microsoft by a pretty big margin. Everybody I've been talking too who only stuck with the Xbox because of the Halo franchise is now jumping ship over to Sony. Used games, region free, some better specs makes its easy.

For some reason, i am really disappointed that we didn't saw more cringe worth material from the press conferences, i was really looking forward for those. Yeah, we did get some technical issues, but aside form that, not much.

Hey, at least we got some titles announced!

I thought this year was exciting because of the next gen consoles! It was really sad to see Microsoft screw up with the release of the Xbox One but Sony won my heart with the PS4. Microsoft really shot their own foot with all the screw ups and controversy with the Xbox One. The games that were announced were stunning and I can't to get my hands on them. This E3 was a great one and I hope next years is equally exciting (Hoping for some half-life 3).

Back