YouTube is deleting subs

lb

愛してるザラ
Full GL Member
Credits
So, a recent glitch made YouTube delete thousands of subscribers (most of them inactive) from many channels. PewDiePie lost so many that he decided to make a video about it. Even I lost 5 subscribers from my channel.

What do you think about this? What should YouTube do to solve this issue?

Was it confirmed to be a glitch? I heard it was a unannounced cleaning of bot accounts.

Nothing is completely sure with YouTube nowadays, but apparently staff members on the Google forums say that it was a bug. PewDiePie mentions that YouTube officials said that they are looking into this issue.

I'm subscribed to one person that had over 50K then down to like over 48K And yet about 2 days later or more he got back to 50K again. On my channels I lost about two, thank god it's not more then two

I was under the impression that they were bot accounts also, they were inactive accounts anyway, so nobody was making money off of them. If you are a content provider on Youtube, you quickly learn that subscribers does not matter at all, what is more important are people who actually watch your videos. it is the same as twitter, it is so easy to get followers, but who cares if they do not click on your links.

I was under the impression that they were bot accounts also, they were inactive accounts anyway, so nobody was making money off of them. If you are a content provider on Youtube, you quickly learn that subscribers does not matter at all, what is more important are people who actually watch your videos. it is the same as twitter, it is so easy to get followers, but who cares if they do not click on your links.

I think it matters because a lot of people are into subscriber wars, as in who can get the most the quickest.

I think it matters because a lot of people are into subscriber wars, as in who can get the most the quickest.
True, I rather have the money war then subs.

How does that prove anything considering that subs can be bought?
From what I've seen on occasion, people who watch YT videos can even prioritize those with a high subscriber account, not bothering with videos from people with a low sub count.

Back