Zelda Skyward Sword Discussion

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
For those wanting to discuss this awesome game.

bouldercreature.jpg

ceilingbaba.jpg

chocoboripoff.jpg

civilians.jpg

flight1.jpg

flight2.jpg

glowypuzzle.jpg

lava.jpg

linkstrike.jpg

redbird.jpg

skyloft.jpg

skywardswordofficial.png

statue.jpg

swordgirl.jpg

trimonster.jpg

villain.jpg

weirdthing.jpg

zeldac.jpg

Looks interesting. I don't think I'll like the flying sections though. And Zelda's character design kinda sucks.

That would be because that's not Zelda.
That's Link's "valuable friend" whom he loses near the beginning of the game (it's shown in the video that was at the conference) and for whom he is searching throughout the game.

I still don't like anything about SS right now, but since it's the only Zelda game coming out I'll get it.

Also it looks like his friend commited suicide. Just like he did. I mean it's just funny without knowing anything because they just randomly jump off the edge.

I still don't like anything about SS right now, but since it's the only Zelda game coming out I'll get it.
Well, only new Zelda game coming out, technically. I'm kind of disappointed that we still know nothing about the villain...

villain.jpg

Well I'm kind of ignoring OoT3DS since it's not really new. I meant that it's the only new Zelda game coming out.

You can see a new trailer here if your interested (it's similar to the E3 conference one, but not the same).

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also see three new pieces of artwork here.

Wii_ZeldaSS_2_char03_E3.jpg

Wii_ZeldaSS_1_char01_E3.jpg

Wii_ZeldaSS_2_char02_E3.jpg

Yes, just three, Nintendo made the rest of the press pack just the same boring ones from last E3. Okay, the villain got some artwork of him, but dear God he fails fashion forever. If you dress like that, prepare to not be feared but laughed at for the rest of your (short) life.

Wii_ZeldaSS_2_char03_E3.jpg

He looks so... Gah it's an offensive word and I won't say it, but you get the idea...

Wii_ZeldaSS_2_char02_E3.jpg

Also who is that? I didn't notice her in the first post, but boy is she ugly.

She's Link's friend from Skyloft. She falls to Hyrule at the beginning of the game, and part of Link's quest is to find her. And she does have a rather large nose, but I wouldn't say she's ugly.
As for the villain, just based solely on his appearance, I get the impression that he's insane (the entertaining kind of insane). I certainly hope he is. Also, despite (or perhaps because) of his somewhat odd appearance, I have a feeling that he will garner a lot of female fans...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good then because I looked else where and people claim it's Zelda. I'm glad that it's not.

I don't know why, but everytime I see him I just want to kill him. Which is good. That means I'm ready for the game.

Here's the trailer, for anyone who wants it:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuBjisBqisk&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

That's good then because I looked else where and people claim it's Zelda. I'm glad that it's not.
Based on what i've read about what some Nintendo representatives at E3 have (supposedly) said, i think she may actually be both.
She is certainly Link's friend from Skyloft who falls to Hyrule, but it seems she may also become Princess Zelda (i.e. she is the first Zelda).

The villain reminds me of Dimentio from Super Paper Mario.
heres a bosfight with him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rE6eE6f19Y&feature=related
Apparently his names "Ghirahim" and hes a "Demon Lord"

The-the faces... URGGH *throws up* And I don't think anyone could have survived falling into THAT FREAKING GIANT MOUTH WITH LIKE A MILLION TEETH!

Here's another video of the boss fight against him, except this one has the intro first:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVzPKzgqgwA[/media]
I have to say, the world 'mad' doesn't even begin to cover it. It's always good to have a psychopath at the helm.

Wow...hes creepy

I played part of the game. She is confirmed Zelda, they acknowledged her name in the sky training portion of the game. Link and two others are basically competing to earn their wings per say and the man who probably is Raru/Gaebora Kaepora tells them whoever wins will receive their prize by Zelda.

Since this game is taking place in the beginning of the series, you're pretty much looking at the origins of all the well known characters.

Besides the Raru look alike, what I find interesting is Ghirahim's clothing design is reminiscent of the Guilded Sword of Majora's Mask. It seems we are in for a treat if this new Zelda brings more answers and parallels to past games.

Back