Zelda Timeline (My edition)

Dark Young Link

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Ok so I've beaten all Zelda games, not including BS Zelda or the CDi games. Now I know there's an "official" timeline, but let's face it, Link never failed in Ocarina of Time. I mean you can die, but you come back to life, nothing special happened when you die. Unlike in Banjo-Kazooie or Donkey Kong 64 where the bad guy wins. So I'll be explaining my reasoning for all of it. So I hope you enjoy. It starts at Skyward Sword. I made this in paint so don't judge.

Prepare for spoiler madness... I'm putting them in spoiler tags though... but be warned.

I'm starting off with the adult timeline since it's shorter.

First off is Skyward Sword.
It shows the origin of the Master Sword and how Link and all his bloodlines are able to wield it.

Next comes Ocarina of Time. This is where Ganondorf first get the Triforce.
Link seals Ganon away and saves the day.
The adult time line is then created.

Wind Waker comes next. There's the great flood that covers Hyrule and there is no more Link to save the people so Ganondorf returns and tries to steal Zelda.
Link beats Ganondorf and then leaves Outset Island with the pirates.

In Phantom Hourglass,
It's a dream and nothing of importance happens, it's just obviously a direct sequel of Wind Waker...
I'm sorry if that vauge, but really that's it.

However, in Spirit Tracks, Link and Tetra find new Hyrule and start a new. The plot of the game has nothing to do with the timeline, as far as I know. The timeline then connects to the child timeline.

Some where along the lines of finding new Hyrule and Zelda I, Ganon returns and puts everything in ruin, which is why there's a lack of people.

In Zelda II, Zelda had a sleeping spell put on her and Link has to wake her up using the Triforce. On the side, Ganon's goons are trying to revive Ganon.
Link then meets up with Dark Link and kills him. He then recieves the Triforce and wakes up Zelda.

That was a handful for only 7 games right? Well there's still 9 left. Though this should go by fast. I'm skipping SS because nothing changes.

In OoT, after beating Ganon,
Link is sent back to the past, where something happens and Ganondorf is stopped.
I don't want to go into theories, but I believe that Zelda explains everything to the King, who then arrests Ganondorf, but it's the best I got.

Majora's Mask is an obvious sequel to Ocarina of Time. The only timeline progression is the fact that after the game
Link gets lost in the forest while finding Navi.

I don't remember a lot about Twilight Princess, I love the game to death, but I don't remember it plotwise. So I'll go over the basics.

In Twilight Princess
Ganon returns and uses Zant as a puppet to take over Hyrule. A sage told Link that Ganon was behind it all and entered the Twilight Realm.
Long story short,
Link beat Ganon and the day is saved... again
Now the reason this comes after Majora's Mask is because Hero's Shade is
more or less Young Link. His sword kind of resymbols a guilded sword and his shield looks like the mirror shield from Inkana Castle. However, it's hard to tell because they're old and worn out.

A Link to the Past comes next.
Agahnim takes over the castle and kidnaps the 6 madiens and Princess Zelda.
Link travels between the light world and the dark world to stop Agahnim.
Link goes to Ganon's tower where it is shown that Agahnim is actually Ganon and they have a fight. Link wins and the world goes back to normal.

Link's Awakening comes next. Now I'm only going by context clues in this, but in the final fight, [Nightmare turns into Agahnim and Ganon from A Link to the Past. The only Link, as far as I remember, to fight Agahnim is ALttP Link.[/spoiler]

I've never got to do a link for OoS/OoA so don't blame me for this next part.

I believe that OoA and OoS take place at the same time just on different time plains. However, not the child/adult timeline, I mean a different timeline in its own. However
Ganon is in the game and he looks like ALttP Ganon as well.
Both games are pretty much the same with different variety of things so I find it hard to pinpoint any of it. Forgive me.

Next is the Minish Cap.
Vaati is trying to take over Hyrule. He turns Zelda to stone and Link must save her.
During the game,
Link forges the Four Sword out of the Master Sword, thus the Master Sword is no longer the Master Sword. This is why the Four Sword can kill Ganon at the end.

Then Four Swords happens.
Vaati takes over and the 4 Link's seal him up.

Four Swords Adventure,
The world is in chaos and Link pulls out the four sword releasing Vaati again. However Ganon is involved and the Link's beat them and return the Four Sword.

Some where along the lines, the world gets put in ruin by Ganon so Zelda I happens.

Finally Zelda II happens.

*Sigh* Boy wasn't that fun. So there it is. My Zelda timeline. This is what I believe, you can have whatever opinions you want. I just don't like the "official" timeline by Nintendo.

So what do you all think?

I like the bit about the Four Sword being forged out of the Master Sword, which could lead to a Minish Cap prequel explaining how the minish came across the Master Sword.

Agahnim takes over the castle and kidnaps the 7 wise men and Princess Zelda.* not 6 maidens

Agahnim takes over the castle and kidnaps the 7 wise men and Princess Zelda.* not 6 maidens

Interesting. I just replayed ALttP and... well I saved maidens. Then again I've only played the GBA version.

Interesting. I just replayed ALttP and... well I saved maidens. Then again I've only played the GBA version.

well the wise men are maidens. the term "men" is referring to the human race, not the male sex. maybe the GBA version is different, there aren't 7 of them?

The GBA version has a LOT of changes to the dailogue as well as gameplay.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_A_Link_to_the_Past/Version_Differences

That is just the gameplay tweaks.

Well that kind of sucks, but I'm not going to play the Super Nintendo version only because... I don't want to. I replayed ALttP because I didn't like it as much as I wanted to... I still don't.

Well that kind of sucks, but I'm not going to play the Super Nintendo version only because... I don't want to. I replayed ALttP because I didn't like it as much as I wanted to... I still don't.

I'm doing the opposite now lol I'm playing the Four Swords ALttP version because I didn't know it added a new dungeon I never experienced before lol I've only ever played the SNES one.

I'm doing the opposite now lol I'm playing the Four Swords ALttP version because I didn't know it added a new dungeon I never experienced before lol I've only ever played the SNES one.

Yeah. They added a Four Sword Dungeon or something, but I can't flipping play it because no one else has this game... or a connecter... Dang it.

Yeah. They added a Four Sword Dungeon or something, but I can't flipping play it because no one else has this game... or a connecter... Dang it.

No, there is a dungeon that is single player and not in the original game. Think of it like the DX version of Link's Awakening compared to the original release. Extra dungeon like that. The Four Sword thing is a completely different game on its own.

Last edited by a moderator:

No, there is a dungeon that is single player and not in the original game. Think of it like the DX version of Link's Awakening compared to the original release. Extra dungeon like that. The Four Sword thing is a completely different game on its own.

Actually in order to enter the extra dungeon you need to beat both aLttP and FS in the same file.

Actually in order to enter the extra dungeon you need to beat both aLttP and FS in the same file.

Well, crap. :/

Well, crap. :/

Crap indeed.....

You obviously didn't read my first post. I said I know there's an "official" timeline, but I don't believe it because Link never failed in OoT and the thought of it is just bs to begin with.

Even then look where Link's Awakening is. I don't think it should even be IN the timeline...

unless you want to count Link being hit by the storm whilst on the boat, since the rest is all a dream aside from that and him waking up

Seriously... LA should be off somewhere on its own in the timeline.

Back