3DS Rumor

SuperSilver

Awards
Credits
I've recently heard a rumor that the 3DS is featuring retina display that the iPhone 4 has and if any of you know if this is true please tell me.

I highly doubt that Nintendo is going to be waltzing around saying "3DS - now with retina display technology", because retina display is actually just some silly term Apple invented to say "Yeah, we have a phone with pretty good resolution". So although Nintendo can still use the same technology, it certainly won't be called retina display.

For those of you who want more info, retina display is a screen with 4x the resolution of standard screens. The term just comes from Steve Jobs who says the screen reaches the limit of the ability of the retina being able to distinguish pixels.

More info here: http://gizmodo.com/5557210/what-is-the-iphones-retina-display

I haven't heard of any other rumours regarding the 3DS, so I can't really add anything more. I can say that this rumour looks like nothing more than a rumour according to this article:

http://www.cultofmac.com/nintendo-wants-to-prove-that-3d-not-retina-display-is-the-future-of-gaming-with-the-nintendo-3ds/46995

That article also says the "Nintendo will have to work hard to overthrow Apple in the handheld gaming market". Now, I don't about you, but I think that the game Apps on the iPhone are annoying and have no chance in hell with even being remotely close to being better than the Nintendo DS, or even the PlayStation Portable.

Ya I doubted that they would do that. I mean Nintendo invented the pixel.... I don't think they want to get rid of that, that's legacy right there!

Any 'Rumours' are merely fake. Seriously, since when has a Rumour ever been proven?

Ya I doubted that they would do that. I mean Nintendo invented the pixel.... I don't think they want to get rid of that, that's legacy right there!
Nintendo invented the pixel? Are you stupid? *sighs*
Do you know what a pixel is?
Even if it did have higher quality... IT WOULD STILL USE PIXELS!

What IS IT with consoles and hi-def graphics?! I don't honestly give half a crap about graphic quality.

Nintendo invented the pixel? Are you stupid? *sighs*
Do you know what a pixel is?
Even if it did have higher quality... IT WOULD STILL USE PIXELS!
Yes I know what a pixel is, im not retarded, but the rumor that they don't want you to see them is doubtable

Yes I know what a pixel is, im not retarded, but the rumor that they don't want you to see them is doubtable
Umm... you can still see the pixels... or are you trying to say that on the Wii and Gamecube the pixels are super easy to see?
And it's nowhere near their trademark. The Pixel was made way before Nintendo was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Insults aren't really needed to prove a point Wasabi...

I'm taking it as Nintendo was using the idea of increasing the pixels similarly to that of the IPhone 4, and the view created by the resolution of the IPhone 4 was named "Retina Display", so Nintendo's console would undergo a similar process and turn out like that of the "Retina Display", with not the same actual resolution, but the same multiplier for increase.

Even in that mind set, it seems very unlikely they would do this, because Nintendo makes the Resolution adjusted for the games it is capable to play, so it might not need that certain increase.

It's like nicknaming a dog, and then another owner nicknames their dog the same name because they have similar lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Insults aren't really needed to prove a point Wasabi...

I'm taking it as Nintendo was using the idea of increasing the pixels similarly to that of the IPhone 4, and the view created by the resolution of the IPhone 4 was named "Retina Display", so Nintendo's console would undergo a similar process and turn out like that of the "Retina Display", with not the same actual resolution, but the same multiplier for increase.

Even in that mind set, it seems very unlikely they would do this, because Nintendo makes the Resolution adjusted for the games it is capable to play, so it might not need that certain increase.

It's like nicknaming a dog, and then another owner nicknames their dog the same name because they have similar lives.
Thank you, sam! But that is what I meant wasabi, that Nintendo had shown the pixel very cleary in the gamecube and older consoles.

What IS IT with consoles and hi-def graphics?! I don't honestly give half a crap about graphic quality.
Wellll, I wouldn't be too hasty.

With certain games, like Modern Warfare, graphics can really determine the "awesomeness" level.

152054-mw.jpg

I highly doubt that Nintendo is going to be waltzing around saying "3DS - now with retina display technology", because retina display is actually just some silly term Apple invented to say "Yeah, we have a phone with pretty good resolution". So although Nintendo can still use the same technology, it certainly won't be called retina display
For those of you who want more info, retina display is a screen with 4x the resolution of standard screens. The term just comes from Steve Jobs who says the screen reaches the limit of the ability of the retina being able to distinguish pixels.

More info here: http://gizmodo.com/5557210/what-is-the-iphones-retina-display

I haven't heard of any other rumours regarding the 3DS, so I can't really add anything more. I can say that this rumour looks like nothing more than a rumour according to this article;

http://www.cultofmac.com/nintendo-wants-to-prove-that-3d-not-retina-display-is-the-future-of-gaming-with-the-nintendo-3ds/46995

That article also says the "Nintendo will have to work hard to overthrow Apple in the handheld gaming market". Now, I don't about you, but I think that the game Apps on the iPhone are annoying and have no chance in hell with even being remotely close to being better than the Nintendo DS, or even the PlayStation Portable.
Actually infinity blade is pretty awesome

I heard the 3DS will be able to make you bagel bites WHILE playing games.

Back