3DS vs DS; which is better?

Which is better; the 3DS or the DS?

• 3DS

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • DS

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
is this a trick question? the 3DS is an enhanced DS, and it plays DS games. what do titles or larger game gallery have anything to do with it? the thread is about the systems themselves. the 3DS is obviously better in every way. i see 3 stupid votes. i have no clue why. someone's not thinking straight.

in fact i am gonna look at who voted for DS and call them STUPID, and SHUN them for life.

I chose DS because I included the DSi, which is better than the 3DS for many reasons. Such as better games.

The 3DS can play those games too..

I mean exclusive wise. The 3DS is just a DS with 3D, but DS games are different from 3DS games. So count them as different.

Well if you're talking exclusive, then you can't include DSi. DS and DSi play different games, they're different.

The 3DS can play DS games but the DS can play GameBoy games I say 3DS but I wish it could have a GameBoy slot so I can play PitFall and Pokémon

Well if you're talking exclusive, then you can't include DSi. DS and DSi play different games, they're different.

Wait, what?!(I only ever owned a DS phat, no DSi)

The 3DS is just a DS with 3D.

The 3DS is NOT a DS with 3D! It has way more features and "better" games than the DS does.

Look on Nintendo's website, and you will see that the 3DS is not just another DS with 3D.

Last edited by a moderator:
The DS. Because I've spent forever on it, and it always brings out memories.

3DS all the way! Plays DS games , some Game Boy / Colour games , DSI downloadable games , camera , Swapnote. The list goes on.

3DS all the way! Plays DS games , some Game Boy / Colour games , DSI downloadable games , camera , Swapnote. The list goes on.

Genius.

I still love the DS better. Though I love the improvements on the 3DS which makes it logically the better console, the one BIG thing that prevents me from fully appreciating it is the sub-par screen. Low resolution and the horizontal banding effect really does put me off. I could forgive the low resolution more easily on the DS, plus it doesn't have horizontal banding. I have a PS Vita which I played exclusively before getting a 3DS, and the screen difference (in terms of smoothness and clarity) is HUGE. Also for some reason the LCD of the 3DS makes my eyes tire more (even without the 3D on) compared to the Vita's OLED screen.

IMO, Nintendo should have dumped the gimmick which is the 3D screen and just focused on the screen resolution/ergonomics/power of the console.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is definitely a trick question.

Back