50 Funny and Weird Gaming Facts

Wait, actually the PS2 or DS is the highest selling, not the Game Boy. All Game Boys together, then yes, like GB/C/A.

Yup, it includes the whole Gameboy line. Though DS has 152m while GB had 118m. Could be for its time also, it was one of the first handhelds.

Oh, okay then yes that is true. lol

Well, actually, still the DS might be close or something... lol

I agree, the PS2 is recorded as selling the most consoles. The gameboy series would sell more if it were lumped all together (but that's mixing several generations which rather negates the point since it takes really 3 different systems GB, GBC and GBA plus their other versions to overtake only 1 console. And that's a rather dubious claim since to be fair you'd have to compare GB line up to PS lineup at the same timeframe aka PS1 and PS2 era. Which means the PS1 and PS2 together would have over 254 million consoles shipped. I don't know offhand how that would compare to other Nintendo consoles though.)

Most of the facts I knew. Especially the history of PS and Nintendo... Though to add onto that bit, after Nintendo dumped Sony. Which they did at the Consumer Electronics Show by announcing their partnership with Phillips, rather than Sony to a stunned Sony, to make their CD attachment. (Though the attchment never came out, but Phillips was still allowed to use Nintendo mascots on their own system the CD-i which featured some of the worst Mario and LoZ games ever. ) The reason that Nintendo dumped Sony was because Nintendo finally read the contract which included a bit where Sony was allowed to make their own console using Nintendo's base...

(Malcom McDowell being the voice of the President in Fallout 3 is rather obvious if you've heard his voice before since it is pretty recognizable. He also voiced John Corben aka Metallo in the Superman Animated series as well as Jorhan Stahl in Killzone 3.)

A few of the other facts seem a bit dubious... (EX- On the remote Scotch island of Stornaway, only 48 per cent of the population believe the iPhone exists.)

And that one about pac-man, that's somewhat offensive. I mean yes women do eat, but the way that seems to suggest is offensive.

Very interesting indeed! I never know these facts before I read your post!
Thanks for sharing! :lol:

The best selling consel is the ps2 and no mentioned mical jaksons game. When 2 boys are kidnapped you follow there kidnapper and use your lazer and dance moves to defeat enemys or somthing like that.

Back