am i the only one who thinks that nintendo is going to make another ds system

dragonk2r

LENGEDARY POKÉMON EXPERT
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I really am hoping that there will be no more D's system its not that I don't love them its that I think there have reach there limit with it.I hope they come out with some thing new cause I swear I really am tierd of it.what do you guys think.

I really am hoping that there will be no more D's system its not that I don't love them its that I think there have reach there limit with it.I hope they come out with some thing new cause I swear I really am tierd of it.what do you guys think.

What are you tired of, exactly? I'm not understanding what is wrong with them. Each version has been better than the last in terms of improvements (with the exception of the loss of backward compatibility on the GBA games). Have you ever realized that the DS, DSi, and 3DS also bare a resemblance to the Game and Watch games in how they have 2 screens and fold shut? I think if they add anything to the current model all they can really add is another circle pad on the right side, touch screen on the top screen, and a flash for the camera. Personally, I couldn't care less what my system LOOKS like so long as it is durable and responsive and the games are good. I like being able to keep dirt out and avoid scratches by having a lid that closes on it - though since the day I got my 3DS the circle pad and right side of the bottom screen leave fingerprint-like marks (a circle and a line respectively) on my top screen, which worries me.

I'm confident that the handhelds will remain with the dual screen design,simply because if we went to a single screened experience,it would feel like we're losing something. Nothing is wrong with the dual screen design,its comfortable,its stylish,very portable, and very easy to take care of because of the way it folds close and protects its self (other than circle pad leaving smudges). I suggest you invest on a PSVita because I think the dual screen design is here to stay. I think your a little tired of appreciation for what you do have,rather than with hardware that's perfectly fine the way it is.

How would you feel if Nintendo released a handheld with one screen,but still folded like a clamshell? Although I don't think thats likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
...the circle pad and right side of the bottom screen leave fingerprint-like marks (a circle and a line respectively) on my top screen...

mine too, it's not much of a problem.

I like the DS Display.
as the others said its durable and just works.
The next thing they would do for a handheld would probably be the like the wiiU gamepad, but who can fit that in there pocket?
DS is here for good, I just dont know what they will do next with them.....

If it's not broke don't fix it the DS design is going to be staying whether you like it or not.

well its whatever happen they made the Wii U it seems kinda proper to make a new Ds anyway it goes im keeping the 3ds

Xerneas, on 30 Apr 2013 - 00:30, said:
deiX, on 28 Apr 2013 - 17:34, said:well its whatever happen they made the Wii U it seems kinda proper to make a new Ds anyway it goes im keeping the 3dswhat

Now you know how we sometimes feel.

On topic, the DS has been Nintendo's best selling system throughout their long history. They're not going to risk a redesign anytime ever probably.

Xerneas, on 30 Apr 2013 - 00:30, said:deiX, on 28 Apr 2013 - 17:34, said:well its whatever happen they made the Wii U it seems kinda proper to make a new Ds anyway it goes im keeping the 3dswhatNow you know how we sometimes feel.On topic, the DS has been Nintendo's best selling system throughout their long history. They're not going to risk a redesign anytime ever probably.

don't get rude

I love the DS Clamshell design but I am open to whatever new iteration Nintendo comes up with if it proves itself better.

I do love that the clamshell and stylus design differentiates it visually from the PSP and Vita. Makes it easier to justify getting both systems XD

I would really like it if Nintendo gives both screens same aspect ratio, some things like cutscenes making use of both screens is a little silly with the 3ds. And Nintendo should be awarded for using 0.1MP cameras. :banghead:

I like the DS Display. as the others said its durable and just works. The next thing they would do for a handheld would probably be the like the wiiU gamepad, but who can fit that in there pocket? DS is here for good, I just dont know what they will do next with them.....

Well I guess if they when the game pad route with a handheld I bet they'd go to something reminiscent of the Gameboy:Advance and slap on a capacitive touch screenand of course whatever the 3DS has built into(minus 3D possibly). Could you see what I mean? lol

I'm confident that the handhelds will remain with the dual screen design,simply because if we went to a single screened experience,it would feel like we're losing something. Nothing is wrong with the dual screen design,its comfortable,its stylish,very portable, and very easy to take care of because of the way it folds close and protects its self (other than circle pad leaving smudges). I suggest you invest on a PSVita because I think the dual screen design is here to stay. I think your a little tired of appreciation for what you do have,rather than with hardware that's perfectly fine the way it is.

How would you feel if Nintendo released a handheld with one screen,but still folded like a clamshell? Although I don't think thats likely.

They already did. Remember the Game Boy Advance SP? :p

Obviously I mean releasing a successor to the 3DS with one screen and folded like a clamshell(which hasn't been done),not a successor to the Gameboy:Advance,which is unlikely. Why did you back track?

Obviously I mean releasing a successor to the 3DS with one screen and folded like a clamshell(which hasn't been done),not a successor to the Gameboy:Advance,which is the idea thats unlikely. Why did you back track?

Obviously I mean releasing a successor to the 3DS with one screen and folded like a clamshell(which hasn't been done),not a successor to the Gameboy:Advance,which is the idea thats unlikely. Why did you back track?

My point is that the general design that meets the underlined criteria has been done before. Not that it is the successor to the 3DS. That is all I wanted to point out. That and getting rid of a touch screen would be going backwards. That's all :)

My point is that the general design that meets the underlined criteria has been done before. Not that it is the successor to the 3DS. That is all I wanted to point out. That and getting rid of a touch screen would be going backwards. That's all :)

Yeah, I was going to post the same thing about the GBA SP having been made but Cobra beat me to it, originally. I think it was the way you worded the initial post that confused us as to what you meant. And I agree, getting rid of a touch screen would be a step backward. They couldn't call it a Dual Screen anymore either.

Back