Are games too overhyped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
COD comes to mind. Overhyped since whatever came after modern warfare. Some were ok some weren't, WWII was just silly.

I think Fortnite is overhyped and overrated. It's nothing special - just a simple battle royale game.

There's just a certain expectation and reason people like certain games. It could be a trash game but if it's licensed it will always find an audience just like movies. Keep in mind the purpose of a business to make games is to make money and there's a level of commercialization taken to sell those games with the trailers. Then it propagates on the internet.

Then I think of how a game is just a license for memory used by a classical computer that can only perform similar functions over and over and I can see reviews only thinking on the one consistent bad part shown or the fact it isn't good enough for the reviewer. Perfect reviews just don't make sense at all in theory but it's can be obvious if it's really bad.

This topic is a little too old for posting in! Maybe you can create a new thread on it?

Well anyways, obsolete topics are obsolete topics, so...

Back to the forum catacombs with ya'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back