Are mini projectors good for using to display video for games?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

I think mini projectors are good for gaming if you don't have the space for a TV or bigger computer monitor. But, I think the picture quality, and video resolution is not as good as a TV or PC monitor.

Mini projectors are probably best for mobile gaming since both smartphones, and mini projectors are small and easy to carry around.

They aren't bad, but they seem to lack a crisp picture.

They aren't bad, but they seem to lack a crisp picture.

I agree the pictures are not as crisp. I think the main reason for the less crisp picture is because of the lower resolution on the cheaper projector models, and people don't know how to properly focus the screen.

A lot of people also don't buy a proper projector screen like movie theater screens.

I tink they would be okay for gaming, only if you did not have a TV. Would definitely want a higher resolution than the one displayed in the video.

HD projectors are still pretty cheap in comparison to a plasma Television. I say that maybe you shouldn't go with the mini projector so much unless you are thinking about strictly playing games on a smaller device. In that case it is a perfect match simply because the size does allow you to plug up and play on a wall anywhere that is dark enough for you to see. It all boils down to what you are willing to sacrifice.

Back