Are playing games on a tablet with a controller more fun than playing handheld games?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I enjoy the bigger screen size of a larger tablet like the Nvidia Shield, MS Surface Pro, or iPad Pro, and the full size controller of tablet compatible controllers like the Moga Pro, Nvidia Shield controller, or Xbox 360 controller.

I think I rather play games on a tablet with a larger screen and controller instead of a smaller screen size handheld console with a smaller built-in controller.

Some tablets like the Nvidia Shield, iPad Pro, Surface Pro, etc are also more powerful.

Given that the 3DS has Mario and Zelda games and a tablet doesn't (at least not legally), then no. It's all about the games, not the controller choice.

Tablets running Windows like the MS Surface Pro can play some Final Fantasy games, Games from Steam or GOF, and can play many PC game titles.

Google Android, and iOS tablets now have a lot of games ported from console and PC with controller support like Half-Life 2, Final Fantasy 3, Crazy Taxi, Sonic the Hedge hog, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, etc which users can purchase in the App store, or download for free if the game is ad-supported, or supported by in-app purchases for making money.

There are also many emulators for Windows, Android, and iOS to play ROMs which you legally own because you purchase the game on a disc or cartridge format in the past.

Last edited:
I rather port the games to my big screen tv really.

A lot of Android, and Windows 8.1/10 tablets let you connect your Tablet to a TV with a Mini-HDMI or full size HDMI cable, so you can play games like Final Fantasy 3, Portal, and other games on a TV when you use a HDMI cable to connect your Windows or Android tablet to a TV.

I couldn't care less to be honest. For me playing with a controller for a tablet would be annoying as the screen would just not be big enough and would get annoying

I couldn't care less to be honest. For me playing with a controller for a tablet would be annoying as the screen would just not be big enough and would get annoying

I agree the screen on tablets are smaller, and hard to view from many feet away.

But, most people sit less than 1 feet away from their 10 inch or smaller tablet, so it is not a big deal for people who play games while sitting close to a tablet, and have decent eye sight, or wear glasses which corrects their eye sight to be as good as a regular person's eyesight.

There are also now 12 inch and larger tablets like the iPad Pro which makes seeing the screen easier from a farther distance.

Back