Are you Afraid of Nintendo, Sony, MS Spending too much time making mobile games in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I am slightly concerned about Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft spending too much of their time making mobile games, and less of their time making console games because they feel mobile games are more profitable, and require less money and staff to build.

But, I can mainly play games on PC, emulators, and older console games if there are not enough good console games being released on a regular basis.

Maybe, hard to say. I know they will dedicate time to them but I can always play them on PC if nothing else.

Microsoft making mobile games? Unlikely, considering what they've been doing for their mobile OS over the past years.

Microsoft does have some popular game series like Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Age of Empires, etc which could become popular on iOS and Android because of the popularity of game brands like Halo which has many millions of fans worldwide.

MS released MS Office which is MS most well known software to iOS, and Android, so there is a chance that Microsoft could release games which uses Microsoft series like Halo, and Fable to iOS and Android where there are many gamers.

I think Microsoft is probably thinking about entering the mobile gaming market because of the popularity of games like Pokemon Go, Clash of Clans, Candy Crush Saga, etc. Some mobile games like Candy Crush Saga, and Clash of Clans make many millions of dollars a month, so MS may see mobile gaming as another way to make money for MS.

Last edited:
I feel they might spend a lot of time on mobile games, however some of them may be good. Hoping they still spend time on console games.

At least, there are now PC consoles designed for TV like Steam Machine, and Windows console-like PC which will keep the experience of playing games with a gamepad and joystick controller alive if console gaming ever become less active or dead because of the quickly rising popularity and high earnings of mobile games like Pokemon Go and Clash of clans.

Back