Are You An Achievement Hunter?

When I first found out about the achievements on the 360 I was. That was until I found out they didn't do anything and then I decided there was no point in doing so. I mean it would've been cool to use Gamerscore as money for avatars or something at least.

I'm not really into achievements at all. If I get one while playing a game then so be it. Sometime I will try and get one but that's rare :)

I look back fondly at my Genesis, Gameboy, and GameCube libraries. I poured so much time into those games when I was younger and still have great memories of them. I couldn't buy new games whenever I wanted, so I settled for replaying and perfecting the games I already had.

As I got older and had more cash to burn, I bought and played a ton of games. I've loved quite a few of them, but unlike my older games, I only play through them once. I know Vanquish and Alpha Protocol are 2 amazing hidden gems from last gen, but I can barely recall anything beyond the basics.

Starting late last year, I set out to really dig into the games I buy and go for the Platinum trophy. I usually check a guide first to see how feasible it is (I'm not gonna play a game twice) and then laser focus in on that game until it is done. I've since platinumed 4 games: Shadow of Mordor, The Order 1886, AC Unity, and BioShock. Out of all of them, I only really enjoyed Mordor and BioShock.

Instead of getting the Platinum trophy in all games, I'll just dig in to the ones I really like. I was working towards a Platinum in Skyrim and Far Cry 4, but I think both games have overstayed their welcome at this point so I'll just get to the end and call it a day.

So for now, Platinums will go on the back burner and enjoyment will be my main focus.

Back