Are you buying the New Nintendo 3DS?

Are you buying the New Nintendo 3DS system?

• Yes, cause it looks awesome!

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Some time in the future, probably

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Maybe, I'm not sure

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No, I'm happy with the older 3DS

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Finally bothered to look this thing up and I feel that people are giving too much credit to a concept that is poorly implimented within the New 3DS; the new analog pad. That thing is tinier than the A,X, Y, and B buttons! The rest of the 'improvements' sound nice, don't get me wrong, but seriously, how can anyone use that damned thing? I have enough trouble using the dinky PS Vita ones and those DWARF that tiny little prick on the New 3DS.

300px-New_Nintendo_3DS_(white).jpg
<--- Seriously! Look at that thing! My sweaty hands would slip right off that sucker!

Also, anyone got a pic of the shoulder buttons they added? I can't seem to find any shots of them online. Wondering how they will be imput in the shell with the thickness of the closed console being only .6" bigger.

I'd also like to point out that people should not buy into the whole 'it will have exclusives' thing too much. Granted, Xenoblade is getting a port, but don't forget Miyamoto said the same thing about the DSi - which is why I pre-ordered it. That thing had like THREE exclusives by the end of its life and they were all craptacular.

Are you telling me you were yelling at me without doing your research?

Finally bothered to look this thing up and I feel that people are giving too much credit to a concept that is poorly implimented within the New 3DS; the new analog pad. That thing is tinier than the A,X, Y, and B buttons! The rest of the 'improvements' sound nice, don't get me wrong, but seriously, how can anyone use that damned thing? I have enough trouble using the dinky PS Vita ones and those DWARF that tiny little prick on the New 3DS.

<--- Seriously! Look at that thing! My sweaty hands would slip right off that sucker!

Also, anyone got a pic of the shoulder buttons they added? I can't seem to find any shots of them online. Wondering how they will be imput in the shell with the thickness of the closed console being only .6" bigger.

I'd also like to point out that people should not buy into the whole 'it will have exclusives' thing too much. Granted, Xenoblade is getting a port, but don't forget Miyamoto said the same thing about the DSi - which is why I pre-ordered it. That thing had like THREE exclusives by the end of its life and they were all craptacular.

No, I was yelling at you for your illogical excuses. For saying the damned thing is NOT 'new' and is not worth buying when you hipocritically own a Wii which is EXACTLY the same case as a New 3DS.You constantly shit on everything and it is sickening. You make illogical points that even a preschooler would roll their eyes at and it enfuriates MANY people because when we try to politely point out the numerous flaws and misconceptions that drivel out of your brain and into text on here, you still think your nonsensical drabble makes any semblance of logic when it does not. THAT was what I was yelling at you about.

I don't know what it is with you, but seriously man... the past year and a half or so you have declined rapidly in terms of how you used to make sense and crap when you typed. Lately, all you do is complain about EVERYTHING in a very non-opinionated way as if it were all factual. I can say "Boy, I love how the controls for this free game are great" and you will find a way to shit on it. And I'm not the only one who sees and says that. We just try not to point it out so much.

Frankly, I'm sick of biting my tongue and I couldn't care less anymore. So if you say something stupid, I'm calling you out on it.

As for this, as I stated earlier... GameCube and Wii are just SLIGHT upgrades, almost the entire hardware is the same. The New 3DS is farther from the old 3DS than the Wii is to the GameCube. At least The New 3DS will have more power. All I was saying was the anolog pad they added is over-hyped and going to be annoying to use and that people should probably hold off rather than rushing to buy a New 3DS at the promise of exclusives because the DSi had promise of the same and was a huge let down. Should wait and see.

No, I was yelling at you for your illogical excuses. For saying the damned thing is NOT 'new' and is not worth buying when you hipocritically own a Wii which is EXACTLY the same case as a New 3DS.You constantly shit on everything and it is sickening. You make illogical points that even a preschooler would roll their eyes at and it enfuriates MANY people because when we try to politely point out the numerous flaws and misconceptions that drivel out of your brain and into text on here, you still think your nonsensical drabble makes any semblance of logic when it does not. THAT was what I was yelling at you about.

I don't know what it is with you, but seriously man... the past year and a half or so you have declined rapidly in terms of how you used to make sense and crap when you typed. Lately, all you do is complain about EVERYTHING in a very non-opinionated way as if it were all factual. I can say "Boy, I love how the controls for this free game are great" and you will find a way to shit on it. And I'm not the only one who sees and says that. We just try not to point it out so much.

Frankly, I'm sick of biting my tongue and I couldn't care less anymore. So if you say something stupid, I'm calling you out on it.

As for this, as I stated earlier... GameCube and Wii are just SLIGHT upgrades, almost the entire hardware is the same. The New 3DS is farther from the old 3DS than the Wii is to the GameCube. At least The New 3DS will have more power. All I was saying was the anolog pad they added is over-hyped and going to be annoying to use and that people should probably hold off rather than rushing to buy a New 3DS at the promise of exclusives because the DSi had promise of the same and was a huge let down. Should wait and see.

Agreed.

But in any case, I didn't actively use my DS during the DSI stuff (College -_-; ) That does put a new light on the whole exclusives thing. From what I've seen in the rumor mill the New 3DS is supposed to be significantly upgraded in terms of it's innards, so I'm wondering if they didn't intend it to be a NEW console, and their stupid naming system has screwed them over again, just like with the Wii/Wii U. I guess we'll have to wait until we start hearing more details on what exactly they upgraded in the CPU and by how much to have a better idea.

I've also gotta admit I'm pretty dubious about the new C-stick and how small it is, but I'd like to assume they tested it out before settling on a design. We should have plenty of opportunity to try them out in the game shops before we buy it though. If anything for me, if it DOES have significant upgrades to all it's innards, and it IS intended to have a lot more games specifically designed for it because of that, it will still be worth it for me, even if the second c-stick is less then ideal. I've gotten along fine with just the one so far and most games except for FPS's tend to use the second C-stick for utility/camera control, and I don't think it'd be much trouble for that anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

300px-New_Nintendo_3DS_%28white%29.jpg

Here is the pic of the shoulder buttons

3dsbuttons.jpg

3dsbuttons.jpg

also looks awkward to use. thank you

I dunno, I don't think they'll be too bad. When I hold the system the regular shoulder buttons tend to sit just below the middle section of my pointer fingers- the new ZL and ZR look like they'll sit just below them ends of them just fine. Everyone's hands are different though.Shame they couldn't put normal triggers underneath the L and R shoulder buttons but they'd really have to change the systems profile for that... Would be much more comfortable though!

3dsbuttons.jpg

also looks awkward to use. thank you

I dunno, I don't think they'll be too bad. When I hold the system the regular shoulder buttons tend to sit just below the middle section of my pointer fingers- the new ZL and ZR look like they'll sit just below them ends of them just fine. Everyone's hands are different though.Shame they couldn't put normal triggers underneath the L and R shoulder buttons but they'd really have to change the systems profile for that... Would be much more comfortable though!

I have very slender, feminine hands that have bad arthritis. I already forsee me pressing one of the new buttons and hitting the older buttons EVERY time.

I will get one! It has the colored buttons from the Super Famicom control deck and Z buttons which haven't been used since the GameCube!

Dang, the negativity in this thread...

I'm just gonna post my positive thoughts on the matter if you don't mind. :) I don't like focusing on the negative all the time.

So with the more powerful hardware, the C-nipple and the other shoulder buttons we might finally be able to get some remakes of Gamecube games on the system.
For example, in a game like Mario Sunshine where you needed the R trigger to pe pressed all the way down in order to spray and aim while standing in place they could make R spray and holding R and RZ at the same time could be the equivalent of pushing the trigger all the way down.
How about a Pikmin 1/2 remake? Luigi's Mansion? Paper Mario 2? :grin: Wario World? ^^

Also I'd just love a new 3D Mario for the System in general. The c-nipple would be great for the camera work. I love how it worked in Sunshine and they should try to make it work just like that. I like being able to zoom out really far. Wind Waker also had that.
The last time we got a real 3D Mario was Mario 64 DS. This would be the perfect opportunity to make another one that plays like 64 and Sunshine with non-linear gameplay and big levels to explore.

What I also like is that they are making a big version of the system immediately this time. Thank god for that!
I love how big the 3DSXL was and I hope the "Noo 3DS LL" is just as big.

I also like that the start and select buttons aren't under the screen anymore. On the normal 3DS they were too hard to press and on the 3DS XL I keep accidentally pressing them when trying to draw something.

One thing I hope is that the camera on the new one isn't as shit. I mean I rarely ever use it... okay, I never use it but it still it would be nice if it was a bit better.

The improved 3D is something the system really needed! If it works as well as advertised I might actually turn it on during regular play! :grin:

Also thank god for the integrated NFC tech. I'd hate to have to buy an adapter and plug it in every time I wanna use the Amiibo stuff.
The customization aspect also looks nice. :>

All in all I'm gonna keep an optimistic attitude towards the "Noo 3DS" and see how it turns out. If it's not too expensive I think I'll get it.
And if there are gonna be some good exclusives I'll definitely get it. >w<

PS: Let's all call it "Noo 3DS" to avoid confusion. ^^

Yes, I would love a New Nintendo 3DS, I was thinking of buying the 2DS because it's cheaper, I was also thinking of getting a Wii U so that might've played a part in me wanting to get the cheaper version, and I am also paranoid of the 3DS top screen snapping off or something bad like that so I guess I'll have to decide in the future.

Back