Are you going to get the Nintendo 3DS XL?

Are you going to get the Nintendo 3DS XL?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Yes, probably (maybe later on).

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • No, probably not.

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Definitely not!

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters
I'm most certainly going to get this larger version of the 3DS.

And I want the blue one. Blue is awesome..

th_Determined.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This. Um, yea, I want silver but they don't have it in America.

I understand the reasoning behind region locking, but I never understood why Nintendo releases only certain colors in certain areas...

I really wonder why they do that! What's the point?

I am most definitely not getting this. If Nintendo is going to redesign the 3ds and make it bigger, then there is no reason why they shouldn't include all of the features of the circle pad pro already built into it.
You do realize that the circle pad pro also adds ZL and ZR buttons right? Imagine how bulky it would be if the XL included them.

Definitely NOT buying this. For one, the design is off-putting. Secondly, there is no point in a larger handheld as I would have to carry a man purse when I want to streetpass. They did not add on the second joystick, so control-wise, I find it no better than before, except that the circle pad pro is no longer even an option. The screen size is a selling point for some, but I have yet to play a game that I felt really NEEDED bigger screens. All the games I have played looked really solid on the existing size.

Then there's the financial issue. They just announced the Wii U, which I will be buying. Why should I also blow a bunch of money on "upgrading" my handheld to something that will play all the same games, except not all of them as well because of the lack of a second joystick?

For all those reasons, I will not be wasting money on the 3DS XL.

Definitely NOT buying this. For one, the design is off-putting. Secondly, there is no point in a larger handheld as I would have to carry a man purse when I want to streetpass. They did not add on the second joystick, so control-wise, I find it no better than before, except that the circle pad pro is no longer even an option. The screen size is a selling point for some, but I have yet to play a game that I felt really NEEDED bigger screens. All the games I have played looked really solid on the existing size.

Then there's the financial issue. They just announced the Wii U, which I will be buying. Why should I also blow a bunch of money on "upgrading" my handheld to something that will play all the same games, except not all of them as well because of the lack of a second joystick?

It will come out a Circle Pad Pro XL, but will probably be quite large to hold in your hands..

It will come out a Circle Pad Pro XL, but will probably be quite large to hold in your hands..

And already one of my biggest complaints is that it is already too large as a handheld. If it won't fit in my pocket, then what is the point?

Well it is a handheld not a pocketheld, anyways a lite version will surely come soon, now the real question is when the dual circlepad version will arrive? Maybe by the end of the system cycle making room for the next system to arrive.

It's a good job Nintendo release good games, I've barely had my 3DS a year and yet this XL is much more preferrable, a bigger 3D screen gets me excited. We got duped though. Nice job Nintendo...

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I heard that it will be released Aug 14th which is 4 days after my birthday, so I guess that will be my birthday gift then. I need 2 3DS systems to use multiplayer for 3DS games, and for streetpass purposes.[/font]

Already Preordered mine from Zavvi.co.uk for £167... thats about £10 cheaper than anywhere else here in England. i went for the Red one for a change (usually go with black.silver,blue colours) and just ordered a pokeball sticker to go ontop of it
wink.gif
. I have the dsi and the Dsi Xl and its a huge improvement so thought why not.. Its odd as when i purchased my Ice White 3DS for my birthday in June i thought "wouldnt it be nice to have a XL version of it" and low and behold a week later its announced...i probably wont sell the Ice White as ill use for for my out and about playing..

The wife thinks im mad
banana.gif

Best wishes Glenn

Official UK release date is 28th July - 19 days and counting !

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I think that the DSi XL and 3DS XL look like pocket computers. That was my mom's first impression when I got my first DSi XL.[/font]

It's a good job Nintendo release good games, I've barely had my 3DS a year and yet this XL is much more preferrable, a bigger 3D screen gets me excited. We got duped though. Nice job Nintendo...

Whatchoo mean duped?

IMO, it was only natural that Nintendo releases this. It may be too early for them to release this, but then, if you think so, you can always wait a year or so until you buy it! Nobody forces you to get this now.
wink.gif

Back