Audio, video, and computer cables from the Dollar Store any good?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I have a DVD player, and Google TV Settop TV box which is using HDMI cables from the dollar store, and the HDMI cable is still working after using it for a long time.

I also used S-video, coax, line-in audio, and USB cables from the dollar store, and they work at doing their job.

I think as long as the dollar store is a bigger dollar store brands like Dollar Tree, the chances of getting a good cable is higher than buying a audio and video cable from a store with a poorer reputation.

perhaps, perhaps not. I can tell you that Staples branded cables are junk.

That's too bad. Hopefully, someday they stand behind their products.

The only thing staples cares about is Liquid armor, a liquid protector for any screens (from phones to tablets) which they thought would be a huge thing and bought a warehouse full of it but now the company went bankrupt and they are stuck with something that isn't selling.

The only thing staples cares about is Liquid armor, a liquid protector for any screens (from phones to tablets) which they thought would be a huge thing and bought a warehouse full of it but now the company went bankrupt and they are stuck with something that isn't selling.

I think Liquid screen protectors don't sell well because people want to re-use their screen protectors on phones and tablets which they may get in the future. Sometimes it is possible to re-use screen protectors by peeling them off, and using a pair of scissors, or a knife to cut them to the same size as your new phone.

Plus, Liquid Armor sounds kind of messy, and people don't want liquid on their electronics since they are afraid Liquid may damage their phone or tablet.

I think Liquid screen protectors don't sell well because people want to re-use their screen protectors on phones and tablets which they may get in the future. Sometimes it is possible to re-use screen protectors by peeling them off, and using a pair of scissors, or a knife to cut them to the same size as your new phone.

Plus, Liquid Armor sounds kind of messy, and people don't want liquid on their electronics since they are afraid Liquid may damage their phone or tablet.

It actually goes on pretty well, it does have a bit of a druggish smell to it though.

Back