Nintendo Bayonetta 3 Revealed

Bit more info:

The root of the issue is what Taylor describes as a worker's rights problem. Taylor believes that voice actors deserve to be paid a living wage, describing Platinum's $4,000 offer to do voice work in Bayonetta 3 as an insult. Taylor was ultimately replaced, with notable gaming industry voice actor Jennifer Hale being announced as Bayonetta's new voice actor for Bayonetta 3. Platinum Games would say that Taylor was replaced due to "overlapping circumstances."

wonder how much did they offer Jennifer Hale. She's also great in many games, like waifu Bastila in KOTOR I.

She attacked Jen in the third video:

"I created that voice, she has no right to sign merchandise as Bayonetta...they'll [PlatinumGames] probably try and do a spin-off with Jan, don't buy that either."

I'm just confused on why now? Why not bring this up sooner? I fear this is just start of a messy storm.
I wish it was brought up sooner. I legit just preordered Bayo 3 last Friday in person at a game store and I preordered it in full so now I have too much anxiety to be like, "Yeah, I know I was just in here a week ago to preorder this game, but I'd like to cancel my preorder." If it was online I wouldn't have any problem with it, but believe me when I say it doesn't feel good. Like it's an awful situation and now Idek if I'll be able to enjoy the game with this information. I didn't even know they replaced her with someone else until I saw these tweets yesterday.

I'm just confused on why now? Why not bring this up sooner? I fear this is just start of a messy storm.
Just like how some politicians get their racist remarks leaked sooner to elections. It's more effective and tactical.

Or it could be an NDA...

Just like how some politicians get their racist remarks leaked sooner to elections. It's more effective and tactical.

Or it could be an NDA...

I think a NDA has been breached at this point, but if she spoke up sooner, she could have gotten fans to get her on as the VA.

To put it into perspective, $4000 is equivalent to 66 copies of Bayonetta 3. That's how much they think you're worth. Literally 66 copies.

Not great really.

To put it into perspective, $4000 is equivalent to 66 copies of Bayonetta 3. That's how much they think you're worth. Literally 66 copies.

Not great really.
There's more than one person they need to pay so they just need to divide the pay based on their work and how many total copies got sold. Boycotting just means you don't want the worth that the market sees.

Attacking Jen is a low blow though imo. Jen did nothing wrong.

A lot of confused auguring on the net about people debating about VA payment, should see some reports on what they actually get this week.

Yeah, debating if I should hit the cancel on my pre-order to, Dark Young Link Dark Young Link As long as their policy is full refund, it doesn't matter, no matter how awkward it is.

A lot of confused auguring on the net about people debating about VA payment, should see some reports on what they actually get this week.

Yeah, debating if I should hit the cancel on my pre-order to, Dark Young Link Dark Young Link As long as their policy is full refund, it doesn't matter, no matter how awkward it is.
I guess that's true. I'll have to check in the next few days.

It's good that Jen is staying professional despite the low blow from Hellena.

Read from VGC:

sources cited in a Bloomberg report have now disputed some of the claims made by the voice actor, many of which VGC can corroborate via our own sources.

According to people with knowledge of the situation, as well as documentation reviewed by both Bloomberg and VGC, Platinum intended to rehire Taylor last summer.

It’s claimed that Platinum sought to hire Taylor for “at least” five sessions (VGC’s sources suggested it could have been as few as four), with each paying $3,000 to $4,000 for four hours in the studio.

This would have brought Taylor’s total fee to $15,000, Bloomberg reports, as VGC can corroborate via our own sources. One person with knowledge of the deal claimed to VGC this represented a significant increase on Taylor’s fee for the second game.

According to Bloomberg, the voice actor responded by asking for a six-figure sum as well as residuals on the game – a claim Taylor strongly denies. VGC sources echoed the residuals claim, but did not mention a requested sum.

In private messages exchanged with VGC, Taylor called the suggestion that she was offered more than $4,000 “categorically untrue”. She also labelled claims by sources that she could’ve earned $15,000 “an absolute lie, and a complete joke”.

People with knowledge of Platinum’s negotiations indicated that they were aware Taylor had suffered depressive episodes in the past.

PlatinumGames did not respond to a request for comment on this story.

Reade a poll on nintendolife:

Will you be boycotting Bayonetta 3? (4,027 votes)​

1. Yes, I cancelled my pre-order : 6%
  2. Yes, I planned to pick it up, but not now : 11%
  3. I'm undecided : 8%
  4. I'll wait for a sale : 8%
  5. Probably not, I'll likely get it anyway : 15%
  6. No, I've been looking forward to it for ages : 21%
  7. There is absolutely no chance I'm cancelling my pre-order : 31%

Reade a poll on nintendolife:

Will you be boycotting Bayonetta 3? (4,027 votes)​

1. Yes, I cancelled my pre-order : 6%
  2. Yes, I planned to pick it up, but not now : 11%
  3. I'm undecided : 8%
  4. I'll wait for a sale : 8%
  5. Probably not, I'll likely get it anyway : 15%
  6. No, I've been looking forward to it for ages : 21%
  7. There is absolutely no chance I'm cancelling my pre-order : 31%
Talk about dedication.

Read from VGC:

sources cited in a Bloomberg report have now disputed some of the claims made by the voice actor, many of which VGC can corroborate via our own sources.

According to people with knowledge of the situation, as well as documentation reviewed by both Bloomberg and VGC, Platinum intended to rehire Taylor last summer.

It’s claimed that Platinum sought to hire Taylor for “at least” five sessions (VGC’s sources suggested it could have been as few as four), with each paying $3,000 to $4,000 for four hours in the studio.

This would have brought Taylor’s total fee to $15,000, Bloomberg reports, as VGC can corroborate via our own sources. One person with knowledge of the deal claimed to VGC this represented a significant increase on Taylor’s fee for the second game.

According to Bloomberg, the voice actor responded by asking for a six-figure sum as well as residuals on the game – a claim Taylor strongly denies. VGC sources echoed the residuals claim, but did not mention a requested sum.

In private messages exchanged with VGC, Taylor called the suggestion that she was offered more than $4,000 “categorically untrue”. She also labelled claims by sources that she could’ve earned $15,000 “an absolute lie, and a complete joke”.

People with knowledge of Platinum’s negotiations indicated that they were aware Taylor had suffered depressive episodes in the past.

PlatinumGames did not respond to a request for comment on this story.

Whelp, safe to say suicidal thoughts and depression was a drive for a hot mess these last few days, I know a few people with depression, their upbeat spirits can be turned into the most darkest of auras and emotions at a drop of a hat. Going to take a lot of PR to clean this up.

Dark Young Link Dark Young Link still keeping your pre-order?

Back