Best 2D platformer?

TIlenM

Credits
What's the best 2D platformer you ever played and what makes it the best? Mine's definitely Trine 2. Awesome gameplay with amazing visuals and it's also pretty easy to play, which makes it a perfect game to relax with.

I think I still hold Wario Land as my most favorite.

That's a hard choice. I'm thinking New Super Mario Bros Wii or New Super Mario Bros U. Both are pretty high up there. As much as I love 2D Platformers, only Mario, Sonic, and Kirby come to mind. Though it's also 3:55AM and I'm super tired so maybe I'll think of something in the morning and post it here, but honestly, both NSMB games are great. Especially with 4 people to play with. It's a mess, but it's a beautiful mess.

I think I still hold Wario Land as my most favorite.
Hmmm interesting choice! Never expected it. ;)

That's a hard choice. I'm thinking New Super Mario Bros Wii or New Super Mario Bros U. Both are pretty high up there. As much as I love 2D Platformers, only Mario, Sonic, and Kirby come to mind. Though it's also 3:55AM and I'm super tired so maybe I'll think of something in the morning and post it here, but honestly, both NSMB games are great. Especially with 4 people to play with. It's a mess, but it's a beautiful mess.

Alright, I agree, nice choice! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Muramasa for me, fast paced action game with good BGM. The story is not that very good but the visuals really blend well with each scene and 3D effects. Not to mention that you have to be very skilled to be able to finished that last difficulty.

Back