Best ad blocker?

I am using the one called AdBlock (the basic not the pro edition). I've been using it for a really long time now and it does its job. It blocks all those annoying ads that I don't want to see. It's also pretty easy to turn it off for a particular site and so on - it is done by pressing two or three buttons.

I didn't even realize that there are many different ad blockers developed. I assumed we're all using the one I am, haha. What's the difference between them? Just the basic functionality/quality or?

Either way, I am really happy with AdBlock. Easy and effective. I honestly can't imagine not running one - I wouldn't feel safe at all.
Didn't they start selling ad space to companies? There's also I think "accepted ads" that get exception from AdBlock, meaning their sole purpose was basically useless, since they are poking holes into their defense by selling ad space. It's pretty sleazy if you ask me, and it's just one click away to remove it and pick something better at the job.

I think accepted ads may have been AdBlock Plus.

But seriously, that just shows how confusing all these different blockers are.

Didn't they start selling ad space to companies?

You can disable the accepted ads actually! So yeah, while it IS pretty confusing to have accepted ads at all (Considering that's what we're fighting against, sheesh.) You don't really have to handle them if you want so AdBlock and its big brother AdBlock+ still do their job pretty well. At least that's yours truly's opinion.

You can disable the accepted ads actually! So yeah, while it IS pretty confusing to have accepted ads at all (Considering that's what we're fighting against, sheesh.) You don't really have to handle them if you want so AdBlock and its big brother AdBlock+ still do their job pretty well. At least that's yours truly's opinion.
I hear you have to get adblocker for an adblocker blocking ads for websites. It's like they (AdBlock) do not follow their word and a 3rd party (probably a regular user) had to create a blocker for adblock because they really tried to monetize their idea. It's a shame too, they sold out for a bit of revenue when everyone trusted their product. Well, at least I have Ublock.

I think with the need for using so many AD-Blockers to make articles easier to read and use, will make more users switch to use RSS/Really Simple Syndication services, apps, and programs like Feedly and Pocket to read text articles which don't contain traditional banner picture ads, or start reading articles delivered to their e-mail inbox from e-mail subscription with an e-mail client like Mozilla Thunderbird, or Outlook e-mail client for Microsoft Office.

Most e-mail clients also has an RSS reader client to subscribe to RSS feeds from blogs, and websites.

I think with the need for using so many AD-Blockers to make articles easier to read and use, will make more users switch to use RSS/Really Simple Syndication services, apps, and programs like Feedly and Pocket to read text articles which don't contain traditional banner picture ads, or start reading articles delivered to their e-mail inbox from e-mail subscription with an e-mail client like Mozilla Thunderbird, or Outlook e-mail client for Microsoft Office.

Most e-mail clients also has an RSS reader client to subscribe to RSS feeds from blogs, and websites.
And you know what will (and is already taking place)? They will start putting ads in RSS feeds. No I am not joking and it not that hard to do. So sure it may work for a short time but how long I don't know.

And you know what will (and is already taking place)? They will start putting ads in RSS feeds. No I am not joking and it not that hard to do. So sure it may work for a short time but how long I don't know.

Most of the RSS feeds I subscribe to do not have ads in them. I think there will always be some websites which don't put ads on their RSS feeds because not many people use RSS these days compared to the web browser version of their website. Small low visitor rss traffic website owners who put RSS ads on their RSS feed may make almost no money from RSS feed ads per day because very few people currently use RSS to read the news compared to regular browser websites.

By putting RSS ads on a website RSS feeds, website owners will lose some of their loyal readers who took the time to subscribe to their RSS feeds or e-mail subscriptions.

Most of the RSS feeds I subscribe to do not have ads in them. I think there will always be some websites which don't put ads on their RSS feeds because not many people use RSS these days compared to the web browser version of their website. Small low visitor rss traffic website owners who put RSS ads on their RSS feed may make almost no money from RSS feed ads per day because very few people currently use RSS to read the news compared to regular browser websites.

By putting RSS ads on a website RSS feeds, website owners will lose some of their loyal readers who took the time to subscribe to their RSS feeds or e-mail subscriptions.
While it is true that there isn't many RSS feeds that has ads in then, if webmasters find that people are switching to RSS then they will start doing it. Only time will tell sadly.

While it is true that there isn't many RSS feeds that has ads in then, if webmasters find that people are switching to RSS then they will start doing it. Only time will tell sadly.

I think banner and text-link advertisement are now harder to make enough money to pay for web hosting, custom website template, and a domain name for smaller websites with low traffic.

Adding ads to a RSS feeds can cause a website to have a harder time to get hired for paid blog posts where writers are paid by a company to review their product like a PC games. Most companies usually pick websites with a lot of RSS subscribers, and a lot of followers on social networks like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to promote their products.

A lot of smaller websites want to get a lot of followers on RSS, e-mail, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, so more companies can find them, and may hire them to post a paid blog post, or paid product review on a blog.

There are also affiliate links like Amazon Affiliate links where webmaster get paid a percentage of the sales money every time their readers use their link on their site, or a discount code to buy a product, or service like domain names, and web hosting. Affiliate link marketing works better if you have a lot of followers on your RSS, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social feeds.

Having a lot of RSS and e-mail subscribers is useful if a website plans on selling an actual product like eBooks where it is possible to earn money by selling products and services.

I use the AdBlock extension on Google Chrome. Haven't had any problem with it, it blocks all ads besides those script that can bypass adblockers. But those mostly come from streaming sites.

Back