Between PC & your Smartphone, which one can u go 4days with..gaming?

PC obviously. I can't think of a reason other than NOT being around a PC, to prefer playing on mobile over a good PC game. Maybe when I'm out and have to waste some time while waiting for people, then yes, mobile gaming can kill enough time, but I can also play music while waiting as well. Playing music won't also burn as much battery compared to playing games, so it will make time killing longer if the need arises. PC gaming is an obvious choice, from gameplay to performance. It's not that hard to pick, and I've made my choice a long time ago.

I would rather play on PC to be honest. I think it too tricky trying to play on phone with touch pad/screen.

I'm a PC person. I'd much rather play on my computer because the mobile device is glitchy sometimes and then I get a call or a text that ruins what I'm doing so yeah the PC. Plus, the phone battery will die or I'll actually have to talk to someone who calls, if its important. PC all the way. I do use my phone for gaming regularly but if I'm home i'll stick with the PC. Of course, there are games that I can only play with my phone and in that case i'll use my phone but my preference is the PC, hands down.

Both, easily. Four day is really not a long time at all, haha. I am a gamer and I do love playing games but they're not my life - I am not addicted to the point where I couldn't manage not to play. I just choose to. To make it more challenging you should change four days to one year :grin:

However, I'd definitely prefer my computer over the phone. I have a nice phone that can run all the Android games but those games just can't come close to the proper ones that I play on the computer. For me, PC gaming will always be miles ahead of phone gaming.

Both of them but it depends on the situation, If I'm on a trip I would game on my smartphone, and if I'm at home, on my pc, but surely I can play 4 days with both of them.

I'm a PC person. I'd much rather play on my computer because the mobile device is glitchy sometimes and then I get a call or a text that ruins what I'm doing so yeah the PC. Plus, the phone battery will die or I'll actually have to talk to someone who calls, if its important. PC all the way. I do use my phone for gaming regularly but if I'm home i'll stick with the PC. Of course, there are games that I can only play with my phone and in that case i'll use my phone but my preference is the PC, hands down.
You also forget that mobile games can sometimes have in-game purchases. I get people buying skins for big games like Dota 2 or CSGO, but to purchase something on a mobile game so that the game would be easier? What, are you gonna brag to your friends that you have a high score on a mobile game because you spent $20 on it? That's just ridiculous.

I can go for far more than 4 days without any kind of PC gaming, that's for sure. I'm more of a serious console player so it's not like I'll suffer from abstinence. I'll just shrug it off and deal with it, I've got no addiction.

However, going on for 4 days without my phone is kind of impossible, to be honest. I play silly, stupid mobile games at work all the time, I need it to distract myself in particularly stressful days, otherwise I would seriously explode. You're not taking Neko Atsume from me when my boss is being a pain in the butt.

I rather game for 4 days on a PC since I don't need to charge it, and can use a more comfortable keyboard and mouse, or gamepad controller for games which support controllers.

There are also a lot of web browser games like Runescape which are fun to play from time to time.

I don't game on PC so technically I could go 4 days without it for gaming. But if I did game on PC, I would definitely rather miss out 4 days of gaming on my phone. It's just totally different in terms of experience and types of games

PC all the way! I can't pick a decent game in my smartphone that would even be on par with the games I could play on my PC. I could simply launch Skyrim and play that for a month. I usually only use my smartphone when I'm traveling anyways because I feel bored during daily commutes to college. I haven't even had a phone for a year now, so I gotta say I've been playing on PC for waaay longer than 4 days lmao

I rather game for 4 days on a PC since I don't need to charge it, and can use a more comfortable keyboard and mouse, or gamepad controller for games which support controllers.

There are also a lot of web browser games like Runescape which are fun to play from time to time.
I haven't played web browser games in a long time. Maybe 2005? When those Disneychannel.com stuff and you can play games there. But since I got a serious computer and a stable internet connection, I stopped playing minigames and focused on what the PC's purpose is all about - serious gaming. Witcher 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4 (kinda); big games that take you to another world and tell you a grand story. That's the stuff for me.

PC all the way! I can't pick a decent game in my smartphone that would even be on par with the games I could play on my PC. I could simply launch Skyrim and play that for a month. I usually only use my smartphone when I'm traveling anyways because I feel bored during daily commutes to college. I haven't even had a phone for a year now, so I gotta say I've been playing on PC for waaay longer than 4 days lmao
Screens are so small on mobile I don't know how people can take it. Pixel block games have been pretty dominant in the mobile gaming industry, and that's just not for me. I feel like mobile games are more targeted for kids who want to borrow their parents' phones, so most have a lighthearted theme and short play time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played web browser games in a long time. Maybe 2005? When those Disneychannel.com stuff and you can play games there. But since I got a serious computer and a stable internet connection, I stopped playing minigames and focused on what the PC's purpose is all about - serious gaming. Witcher 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4 (kinda); big games that take you to another world and tell you a grand story. That's the stuff for me.

I used to play Hot wheels car toy games when I was younger. Browser games were good at keeping me entertained in the past.

But, I feel many web browser games are more fun than mobile games which seem to be made to make as much money off their players as possible by selling DLC, in-game money, and virtual items to its players, or you need to pay money to finish the game without spending hundreds of hours to earn enough in-game money by playing the same levels many times to earn more game money.

I agree, serious games are very fun for when you want to play games with better gameplay, and a better story.

I used to play Hot wheels car toy games when I was younger. Browser games were good at keeping me entertained in the past.

But, I feel many web browser games are more fun than mobile games which seem to be made to make as much money off their players as possible by selling DLC, in-game money, and virtual items to its players, or you need to pay money to finish the game without spending hundreds of hours to earn enough in-game money by playing the same levels many times to earn more game money.

I agree, serious games are very fun for when you want to play games with better gameplay, and a better story.
That's because of ads right? These sites with flash games usually have very huge ads covering up the side of their page, so I figure if people come ther to play for free, the owners still make a profit with the ad revenue. Mobile games and apps make money with ads as well, and they even sometimes offer premium or whatever, charge money so the games get easier, you get better weapons, easier combos, etc. It's all about profit.

That's because of ads right? These sites with flash games usually have very huge ads covering up the side of their page, so I figure if people come ther to play for free, the owners still make a profit with the ad revenue. Mobile games and apps make money with ads as well, and they even sometimes offer premium or whatever, charge money so the games get easier, you get better weapons, easier combos, etc. It's all about profit.

I think the Hot Wheels toy car games I played did not contain ads, but the game can be considered a big ad for Hot Wheels because the toy cars are all Hot Wheels toy cars. and they are designed to promote hot wheels toys, so players may go out to buy a set of toy cars made by Hot Wheels.

I feel Lego building blocks based video games like Lego Star Wars can be considered a big ad for Lego building blocks since they feature popular Lego building sets like the Star Wars Lego sets.

I think the Hot Wheels toy car games I played did not contain ads, but the game can be considered a big ad for Hot Wheels because the toy cars are all Hot Wheels toy cars. and they are designed to promote hot wheels toys, so players may go out to buy a set of toy cars made by Hot Wheels.

I feel Lego building blocks based video games like Lego Star Wars can be considered a big ad for Lego building blocks since they feature popular Lego building sets like the Star Wars Lego sets.
Pretty much. The more you integrate the ad to the actual game, make it seem like a part of the thing, then people won't complain. If it's an obviously blatant advertising style where there's no reason for a product to be there other than for pure advertising, then people even ignore the product as a result. Even if the product appears for 2 seconds or so; people will still find it a pitiful attempt at getting their attention and would get out of their way to not buy the product.

Well, currently given that I don't have a smart phone after breaking my old one in a fit of rage, I guess my answer by default would be PC. The thing is that I was actually never into mobile gaming pretty much at all. The only time I would ever play games on my phone was if I was out somewhere and waiting on someone. I'd typically breakout Fruit Ninja (see how long ago that was?) and go at it for a few rounds trying to beat my high score. Besides that, I'd often play Tetris in class while I was bored, but that's about it. Mobile gaming has never been for me.

Well, currently given that I don't have a smart phone after breaking my old one in a fit of rage, I guess my answer by default would be PC. The thing is that I was actually never into mobile gaming pretty much at all. The only time I would ever play games on my phone was if I was out somewhere and waiting on someone. I'd typically breakout Fruit Ninja (see how long ago that was?) and go at it for a few rounds trying to beat my high score. Besides that, I'd often play Tetris in class while I was bored, but that's about it. Mobile gaming has never been for me.
The last mobile phone I played was probably Space Impact. See how long ago that was? As for my phone now, it's been around since 2011, and it's still in acceptable condition. I use it to listen to music and the usual messaging; but all in all it's more of an MP3 player and alarm clock these days since I barely use it for anything else.

I'm in a similar situation to you (not the breaking the phone part, though), but I've never been a huge mobile gaming person, which is why my answer would have to go to PC. I used to play Clash of Clans frequently when it was newer, but since then I've found that I just don't connect with mobile games as much as I do PC games. I guess I'm just worried that if I get too attached to mobile games, I can take them everywhere with me and they'll consume way more of my time than they should.

Back