Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
If it's one thing that plagued the Wii, it only came in white for most of it's life span.

But as I've been seeing this whole E3 day is that it also comes in black gloss. If I'm a betting man, looks like gamers will be able to get it in white and black at launch. Hopefully.

I think this will be a step in the right direction for them because it seems color plays a part when people buy gaming consoles.

I want black, white just shows dirt that will gather over time.

Also I found this on kotaku:

blackwiiu.jpg

Wow, that is a smart looking console. I couldn't see that in white tbh would definitely go for the black if I got one myself.

One of my friends (who apparently is always up-to-date with news about the Wii U) said that the Wii U won't be available in black at launch. Could someone verify or prove wrong what he said? I think he said it was on the Nintendo Blog, or something, I dunno. I do hope that Nintendo changes their mind about that and has black available right way, though...

One of my friends (who apparently is always up-to-date with news about the Wii U) said that the Wii U won't be available in black at launch. Could someone verify or prove wrong what he said? I think he said it was on the Nintendo Blog, or something, I dunno. I do hope that Nintendo changes their mind about that and has black available right way, though...

I like to hear your friend's sources, because at E3 they showed a black pro controller first before white. there is nothing official but I would bet a black color at launch.

Black looks awesome, the system is really nice though. I just hope they plan for all games to use the gamepad OR you can choose the wii u pro controller(if I don't like it). So if mid-way through the gamepad tends to suck, they can decide to make the games work with the Wii U Pro and save themselves from losing money.

I'll be waiting to buy one, but I do hope that it won't be too long of a wait for a black Wii U or even better a red one. That will really set it off for me as red and black is the color scheme that I have in my home and I will gladly house a red Wii U with the black XBox and PS3.

Wow. That black WiiU looks pretty snazzy. I'd probably get black over white when it comes out. Glad to see there's some color choice when you purchase your system like on Nintendo's handheld line.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/06/e3_2012_wii_u_to_launch_in_white_black_available_later

@ Sugarhill, thanks, but I was SO not clicking on the link, and no offense to the poster at all, I'm just a lazy old lady. While I have
to admit that the game system looks uber cool, sleek and just all around more attractive, I have to be honest and say that when it
comes to consoles and other electroincs, I'm not more swayed by the colors available than I am the actually fucntioning aspects of
the system itself. I'm not going to purchase a game system because it looks good rather than how well it works. But I have to admit,
that is one epic looking system.

Back