froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

We tackle the question - can a $50 Android tablet satisfy your needs? Or should you spend more?

Read more

This looks like a decent $50 tablet in this video. But, I feel the $50 Kindle Fire tablet is a better deal.

Isn't $50 what most of them run today?

Isn't $50 what most of them run today?

Yes, I think most of the budget tablets are sold for $50 or less at Amazon, Walmart, and eBay. There are some that are $37, but they are not as good according to Unbox Therapy who runs a Tech Channel on YouTube.

I bet, both the $50 and $37 tablet, are made by the same factory since both cases look pretty similar, and has almost the same specs like a quad-core CPU, 512MB of RAM, 8GB storage, MicroSD memory card slot, and Google Android 4.4 KitKat.

But, the guy reviewing the $37 tablet, was using the tablet in a brighter room, so there was more reflection problems which made his experience worse because of the bright lights in his room.

If you can find a $50 tablet from one of the more well known brands then it is a good deal and you shouldn't have too many problems with it. You can pretty easily find Amazon Fire tablets at that price point because they bundle a bunch of promotional and advertisement type stuff onto them I believe to make up for the lower price.

It would be hard, though, to find one from Samsung or Sony or other well known companies like that. I know some people who have purchased some of these cheaper tablets and while they worked fine for a month or two, after that they started having a lot of problems with them and finally decided to go for one's more around $100-$150.

I think some of the newer RCA, and Insignia/Bestbuy cheap tablets have okay quality.

Back