Company transport

Are these bus and taxi prices in India's Rupee money?

$25-80 US Dollars or Canadian dollars for taking a bus is expensive except for buses which travel to another town or neighboring country. I think it cost about $5 or less to take a public bus or subway in most cities in US and Canada.
My guess is that "bucks" is just an alternative word for USD.
And 25 INR = 0.37 USD, which would make it the cheapest bus and/or taxi in the world.
Either that, or it's just because Indian salaries are just shit. w

My guess is that "bucks" is just an alternative word for USD.
And 25 INR = 0.37 USD, which would make it the cheapest bus and/or taxi in the world.
Either that, or it's just because Indian salaries are just shit. w

I think bucks is a common North American and British English slang/less-formal word for money which is $1 or more in value. A lot of American and Canadian films, music and jokes use the word bucks more often. Bucks maybe popular with English subtitles for foreign non-english films as well.

An Express public bus ticket in India, Chennai city cost 24 Rupee and an Air Conditioned bus ticket cost 42 Rupee for 30KM in of travel in 2018 according to Tamil Nadu: Ticket prices hiked after six years, minimum fares in MTC and town buses to be Rs 5

I think Claraviolet use bucks to refer to Rupee unless her city has very high bus tickets compared to Chennai, India.

The wages in India for certain jobs like Massage cost $1 for a massage, so they are not as high as North America where massage workers make more money per massage. I seen a few online videos where it says in the title or description that an Indian street Massage cost $1 in India.

Loaf of Fresh White Bread cost 2.83 Rupee according to Food Prices in India , so earning $1 American dollar per massage can be enough for food if the massager sells a few massages per day.

Last edited:
Oh, so the word "bucks" is independent of a currency?
That's nice to know.

On the other hand, it could lead to confusion when conversating with people from different nations.
Me: 「I had a cheap dinner, but it tastes amazing!」
Someone: 「Nice! How much did it cost?」
Me: 「Only 900 bucks」
Someone: ドーーーーーーー( ゚д゚)ーーーーーーーン

Not to mention what will happen when you say you have 0.00023456 bucks while talking Bitcoin. 草

Buck is use in Canada, New Zealand, and Australia people to describe their paper money according to slang terms for currencies (like "buck" for "U.S. dollar")?

But, the British use the slang word quid instead of £1 . British people may still mostly refer to buck's other meanings like where a buck is a male animal like a deer or rabbit.

Most non-UK English speaker use the word bucks in a less-formal slang for money like "Zuck only cares about bucks". Bucks is also use more often in music lyrics and poetry because buck rhymes with words like luck, duck, puck, etc.

There are most likely non-English people who use the word bucks to describe their currency after they listen to American music and movies which use the word bucks as a slang word similar to moola. Online slang dictionaries are usually written by random people, and use by many people from different countries. Some of the definition for bucks may just say buck means money which is equals to or greater than 1.

Bucks were originally use to describe deer skin which was use as a form of currency to trade other items in the 1770s. But, when people in the US switch to dollars for trade, they use bucks to refer to dollars according to All That Moola: The History of 'Bucks' and Other Words We Use to Mean Money | HuffPost

Even by European standards 25 bucks for any kind of transportation excluding taxi this is way too expensive.
18 euro (22 bucks) is commonly enough for a train ride to the other side of the country if the country in question isn't too big.

Even more true in Japan; a simple 1000 yen (equaling 9 bucks) can bring you from one end of Tokyo to the other using multiple train and metro lines.
Umm... Considering the distance of about 14 kms, I don't think it's too expensive. In fact, I consider it reasonable.
Hmm... Trains are way cheaper when compared to buses

Umm... Considering the distance of about 14 kms, I don't think it's too expensive. In fact, I consider it reasonable.
Hmm... Trains are way cheaper when compared to buses

14KM does sound like a long bus ride for the price of a ticket in India. Some cities give users a ticket which expire after 2 hours, so people making short trips can use the same ticket to ride to a place, and ride back home using the same ticket if the ticket does not expire. But, most people who take the bus everyday may save money by buying a monthly bus card which let buss pass buyers ride the bus as many times they want for a month.

14KM does sound like a long bus ride for the price of a ticket in India. Some cities give users a ticket which expire after 2 hours, so people making short trips can use the same ticket to ride to a place, and ride back home using the same ticket if the ticket does not expire. But, most people who take the bus everyday may save money by buying a monthly bus card which let buss pass buyers ride the bus as many times they want for a month.
We have that monthly bus pass thing. In fact there is this student bus pass which allowed the students to get rides for free.
Too bad that the bus personnel don't like it

Students do get a lot of nice discounts on bus service. I think senior citizens above the age of 64, and very poor people like homeless people get discounts on bus rides, or ride for free.

Are these bus and taxi prices in India's Rupee money?

$25-80 US Dollars or Canadian dollars for taking a bus is expensive except for buses which travel to another town or neighboring country. I think it cost about $5 or less to take a public bus or subway in most cities in US and Canada.
For you $1 is not the lowest possible amount to exchange right?
For the nothing exists .1 rupee is the lowest amount that can be exchanged. We don't have cents here

For you $1 is not the lowest possible amount to exchange right?
For the nothing exists .1 rupee is the lowest amount that can be exchanged. We don't have cents here

5 cents which is 0.05 dollars is the lowest amount of dollars in Canada. But, people can still deposit their old 1 cents at the bank, but stores don't accept them.

5 cents which is 0.05 dollars is the lowest amount of dollars in Canada. But, people can still deposit their old 1 cents at the bank, but stores don't accept them.
See. That's my point. We don't accept paise these days. One rupee is the lowest now.
Back in the day they were popular but not anymore. That's why I said it's not that expensive of you consider it like that

Back