Console vs PC; What is better?

Do you prefer console games or PC games?

• Console games

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • PC games

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Mobile games/tablet/app store games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Facebook type casual games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
I say console because PC's are only good when you emu- you know whats. Other than that, computers aren't made for actual games since they can't handel the graphics and lag really bad. Heck my computer crashes when it plays Minecraft.

I'm sorry but that's because your computer is probably pre-historic.

Please don't spread such stupid things, a high-end computer can surpass the power of the Wii U, PS3 and the 360 combined.

i think SOMEBODY needs a new PC.

I got a new one 5 years ago. It's not that old. Computers aren't that great for gaming. Besides Alienware, but I don't have the money for that.

kxCNXch1QI.png

Seriously what. To begin with the fact that you think only alienware can run high PC games is stupid. But even more then that you thinking a computer has to be "built for gaming" to run PC games. You can buy just a regular fucking computer and maybe not run stuff on the highest graphcis settings, but still easily run any game. Graphics are still going to be better then the majority of consoles.

Your computers a god damn potato, it's 5 years old. You know what that means it can run? 5-3 year old games. Minecraft is a bad example by the way. It lags like fuck on the majority of computers out there.

And why would you ever think about getting alienware. Why.

Minecraft is a terrible example, I have to set it to use all of my 6GB ram and even disable explorer.exe to give it max power. Btw, I can run games like Half-life 2 on my laptop which only has intel graphics and 1.6GB Vram.

Definately Console Games. I have played PC games like Sim City and some other i forgot its' name. With computers, it's just the same kind of game, with consoles and handhelds, technology is different with each one. Sure Newer PC games have better things, but the PC doesn't change. Plus the controls for PC are often difficult on my part, All these buttons on the keyboard.

How does the PC not change? Compare the Commodore 64 to a modern computer. If anything, there is more change. More support for experimentation with PC games.

What types of games do you prefer, console games or PC games?

Me personally, I've always preferred console games due to the simplicity, you just insert the disc/cartridge and play the game from the main menu (or just have it load immediately) rather than have to worry about technology. No drivers, no graphics cards, no installation, no nothing.

But I see why people might prefer PC games (private servers, custom content/mods, etc), I just don't myself.

Which types of games do you prefer?

My sentiments exactly. That and I can't get comfortable using a mouse to move. Then the carpal tunnel sets in...

Obviously PC is superior,technilogically.Only thing its missing is Nintendo games and for that reason alone is why I prefer a Nintendo console.

I agree, maybe Nintendo going third party is not all that bad, except they won't, not before 2050 with all the money they got.

Me personally, I've always preferred console games due to the simplicity, you just insert the disc/cartridge and play the game from the main menu (or just have it load immediately) rather than have to worry about technology. No drivers, no graphics cards, no installation, no nothing.

But I see why people might prefer PC games (private servers, custom content/mods, etc), I just don't myself.

My sentiments exactly. That and I can't get comfortable using a mouse to move. Then the carpal tunnel sets in...

Except for FPS games, a mouse feels unnatural. I hate the WASD buttons so much that I use the L-stick of my DS3 AND a mouse for FPS games.

True Gamer 007, on 15 Mar 2013 - 10:53, said:
Smashboy, on 15 Mar 2013 - 03:26, said:Obviously PC is superior,technilogically.Only thing its missing is Nintendo games and for that reason alone is why I prefer a Nintendo console.I agree, maybe Nintendo going third party is not all that bad, except they won't, not before 2050 with all the money they got.

I'd hate to see Nintendo go 3rd party. If that ever happened,the you know somethings gone wrong with the videogame industry.

1. Mobile games/tablet/app store games
  2. [SIZE=.9em]Facebook type casual games[/SIZE][SIZE=.9em] [/SIZE]
Was this a trap to see who to insta-ban?

Obviously PC is superior,technilogically.Only thing its missing is Nintendo games and for that reason alone is why I prefer a Nintendo console.

I agree, maybe Nintendo going third party is not all that bad, except they won't, not before 2050 with all the money they got.

>

Except for FPS games, a mouse feels unnatural. I hate the WASD buttons so much that I use the L-stick of my DS3 AND a mouse for FPS games.

I think the exact opposite way. With the mouse you have a lot more control. It is based on mouse movement distance opposed to time moving. That way you can actually move an amount of degrees without holding for a bit and stopping on a dime.

>>

I think the exact opposite way. With the mouse you have a lot more control. It is based on mouse movement distance opposed to time moving. That way you can actually move an amount of degrees without holding for a bit and stopping on a dime.

The mouse is not much problem, its the fact that using the WASD buttons really feels dumb. I would prefer to do with the r-stick slow camera movement rather than a mouse fast camera movement because I can use the L-stick more comfortably with the R-stick rather than with a mouse.

Console, though I want to say PC and/or mobile games.

I would say console but would like to share my opinions about PC gaming. PC gaming can be a fantastic experience, no lie it is surperior than console in so many ways, having the capability to have better graphics and different games that console can not support. The reason I like console more is for the controller, its just the way to game.I'm going to give an example on an FPS. I've played Battlefield 3 on PC and on my PS3, on PC I liked the graphics and how it can support more players than console, but moving and aiming is just so uncomfortable and feels so unnatural playing with a keyboard and mouse. On console its a decent experience but its mainly dedicated for gaming unless you upgrade your PC especially for gaming. Another reason is that a console is a lot cheaper than a PC. The thing I give props to PC is for Steam where tbey actually lower prices and specials, power to upgrade anything. It would also depend on your personal game preferrnce mines just third person amd first person shooters o.o I might of repeated myself and made typos, I apologize but I actually am getting tired lol

Consoles because I can't be bothered to buy/build a gaming PC and I do most of my gaming on handhelds, anyway. I also love the fuss-free nature of consoles and the BUTTONS!

Depends on the games. Both are good in their own way. In the end it's software(games) that matter.

PS: I know, I changed my stance

I prefer consoles. I like the controllers and how they feel in my hands, and am comfortable with the control scheme layout. I find that tring to play a game with the keyboard feels uncomfortable and awkward. But then again I grew up playing console games, so Its logical that I would be more comfortable with a controller. Pus Consoles have very nice exclusives. :)

Console gaming. I hate playing games on the computer honestly, just can't stand it. The only games I play on the computer are DayZ and Gary's Mod. But in my opinion, I think gaming was meant for video game consoles which were specifically made to play video games. PCs in that mix... :S

Back