Could this mean a wii successor?

Super Leaf

Official N3DSC Leaf
Awards
Credits
Nintendo recently patented the word "Zii".What could it mean? Could it possibly be the name of the wii successor?

Wasn't the Zii some dodgy Chinese rip-off? Wait, that was the Vii... okay, now I'm worried, Zii is a terrible name for a console. Although I suppose they said the same for Wii, heh.

Everyone knows if they make a Wii 2 Nintendo will call it the Wii 2. Unless.....

EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE!

Zii? They're not even trying anymore...

I doubt it'd be a console, though. Maybe an add-on or something.

Ugh....
"No need for alarm, Nintendo’s next console is most likely not called the Nintendo Zii, and hasn’t been trademarked as such. SiliconEra, which loves to dig up this stuff, found a Nintendo trademark for “Zii” in Japan, and speculated that this was perhaps the name for a high-definition Nintendo Wii, noting that three years is a bit late for something as simple as name protection. But after doing some digging, Engadget found that this is likely just a renewal of a trademark request from 2006. Also, trademarks from Nintendo were found for Bii, Cii, Oii and Yii. Why the Big N didn’t go the extra mile and trademark Xii, Uii, Iii and Nii is beyond me, and my Mii."

And for you people who are stupid who don't read the dates of articles, these articles date from December 2009. Also note the big red text.

Nintendo recently patented the word "Zii".What could it mean? Could it possibly be the name of the wii successor?

So, wait, you anti-majuscule person, I HARDLY think that trademarking the "Zii" or anything else in 2006 and then renewing that in 2009 counts as "recently".

Just so you know, THERE IS NO WII 2!
yet

dude, the "Zii" is an imitation wii made in china that is just one of those cheap rip offs...

here:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da7Z_2VNlHQ[/media]

This is the commercial for the system, if you're curious on how it works...there's reviews on youtube, lol.

so nintendo bought all those _ii patents so china couldnt copy them?

There are rumors swirling around the interwebs what they'll announce a Wii2 at this year's E3.

But they're just rumors, nothing to get exited over, right?

Did I mention that any articles about them trademarking "Zii" dates from 2009, and that they are actually renewing a trademark for "Zii" made in 2006, when the Wii was released?

yeah you did:)

Voo von't vant za Zii? Vaz izt vrong ziv voo?!

Seriously though, they are just keeping names so other companies can't piggyback on the success of the Wii and make knockoffs (as a lot of other people have already said).

^There's one problem though... most copycat companies are based in China and other such countries with no real trademark or copyright laws, so it's unlikely owning all these alternate names would actually help in terms of anything.

dude, the "Zii" is an imitation wii made in china that is just one of those cheap rip offs...

here:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da7Z_2VNlHQ[/media]

This is the commercial for the system, if you're curious on how it works...there's reviews on youtube, lol.

That's already been corrected as "Vii", and your video's title says "Vii". >_>

why cant china get real wiis?

Back